PDA

View Full Version : Extending season

ctbruce
11-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Trying something new this year. I'm blowing out my lines this weekend. We are leaving for 4 nights of off season camping in Branson. MO on the 16th of November. This will be the latest trip we've taken so far. I'll rewinterize after we get back to KCMO on the 20th. What should I expect or worry about?

Yeah, I know it's off season already and can deal with that. I'm getting a new tattoo and we're looking at retirement property. That should keep us busy.

At least I can keep cabin fever at bay for 18 more days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

mfifield01
11-03-2017, 12:19 PM
From my little winter experience, turn off and disconnect the fresh water hose at night. I had mine freeze up. You can put some water in the fresh water tank for bathroom use at night. Not sure on your trailer, but my Passport pumps heat into the belly and keeps the tanks from freezing. I'm sure there is a threshold, but it was fine in the 20s.

rjrelander
11-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Double check the CO2 detector.

CrazyCain
11-03-2017, 06:17 PM
Doing that as i type. Winterized, use a porta potty for mid night wake ups, bathhouse open a few yards down the road. Electric heater blasting..bottled water

CaptnJohn
11-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Get a Big Buddy heater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctbruce
11-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Thank for the ideas. Wouldn't have thought about disconnecting the hose. Got a space heater. Going to enjoy this late year trip!

Javi
11-05-2017, 03:44 PM
I used to disconnect the water hose on those cold nights but then I bought me a heated water hose and quit doing that... :whistling: Admittedly the coldest we've camped is 12`F but it warmed up to 30 by noon the next day... nothing froze in the trailer...

ctbruce
11-05-2017, 04:21 PM
I used to disconnect the water hose on those cold nights but then I bought me a heated water hose and quit doing that... :whistling: Admittedly the coldest we've camped is 12`F but it warmed up to 30 by noon the next day... nothing froze in the trailer...Thanks Javi, it's probably not going to get that cold but you can never be too prepared. Should only be in the 30s at night and 40 to 50 in the day in southern Missouri at this time.

mfifield01
11-06-2017, 07:15 AM
Thanks Javi, it's probably not going to get that cold but you can never be too prepared. Should only be in the 30s at night and 40 to 50 in the day in southern Missouri at this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk I just camped in the 30s a week ago. I didn't do anything different from summer camping. I ran the Vornado heater on low (700w) and set the furnace to 65. My DW is paranoid about the electric heater, so I keep it at the lowest setting at night. In the morning, I'll turn it on high (1500w) until it gets around 70.