PDA

View Full Version : Kidde fire extinguisher recalls

thetanman1957
11-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Not sure where to put this to get the word out. Not sure what brand we have in our 2017 Cougar 327RLK as it is up north in storage. Might want to check your homes,cars,trucks,trailers, work or anywhere else you may have one.
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/kidde-recalls-fire-extinguishers-with-plastic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and

trucker LOU
11-04-2017, 09:42 PM
I just checked the units in home ,garage,& 2010 springdale.the push button style that came in the Springdale was on the recall list. filled out form online & reply was new unit to be sent 10-15 days. go to www.kidde.com-----Lou----

xrated
11-05-2017, 03:49 AM
I had two that were under the recall, one in the house and one in the garage. Both of the fire extinguishers in the Toy Hauler are First Alert so they are not affected. I called the number on Friday and had to wait about 5-7 minutes before they picked up. Make sure that you have your model number, serial number, and date code of manufacture (if applicable). The new ones are suppose to be shipped to me in about 2 1/2 weeks.

Dave W
11-05-2017, 04:58 AM
Ouch!! Thanks for the 'good' news
Between the truck, RV and home, I must have 8-10 Kidde made extinguishers. But, IIRC, most are the metal handle type we started buying after a refill shop at least 20 years back told me the plastic nozzle/handle versions couldn't be refilled nor were they as reliable.

UPDATE 11/11 I made a liar out myself - we have 10 dry chemical fire extinguishers 4 are Kidde plastic handles and are on the recall list. The others are the better metal handle or another metal handle brand, Also have an ancient but charged Kidde CO2 extinguisher but that's not in the count.

The Kidde recall form is a little confusing in that the date code is the 5th thru 9th digit of a line of ten. The rest is easy.

cardinal96ss
11-05-2017, 06:17 AM
Great info. thanks.