PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Michigan

AndyNSarah
11-01-2017, 01:15 PM
We just traded in our popup (owned for 6 years) and purchased a 2017 Keystone Springdale 240BH. Im a little nervous, but so excited, because it seems to be a huge step up. This will be our first travel trailer.

We have three kids, ages 10, 8 and 6. Space was very limited in the pop up. We were also looking for more amenities as we plan to camp and travel more in the near future.

CrazyCain
11-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum from SE Michigan. Great bunch of people here so ask any questions you may have....We to went from a Pup to our first TT last a October and just could not be more pleased with the whole experience so far. Enjoy the new rig and happy Camping

:camping::camping::wlcm::wlcm:

notanlines
11-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Welcome to The forum from the Memphis area. I second what crazyCain said. You will be plum tickled with the experience with all your kids.

Tbos
11-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. You'll love the extra space in the TT. I wish we'd had the resources to camp like you are when my kids were the age of yours. You are building memories that'll last forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

busterbrown
11-02-2017, 01:26 AM
Welcome fellow Michigander. Congrats with the new trailer. I skipped the popup/hybrid scene and went straight for a hard sided bunkhouse last year as this was a surprise anniversary gift for the DW and our first RV. My kids are younger than yours and my wife and I came to the conclusion that space is "KING" when it comes to reining in the boys on each camping trip. You may, like us, have aspirations to visit some distant places with your new home on wheels, as it becomes contagious to road trip each summer vacation. Heck, we camped 40+ nights the first season and nearly the same this past summer. Living in Michigan, advantage 'us' for having convenient access to the wonderful state parks along the western beaches of Lake Michigan, the Golden rock formations of Pictured rocks in the U.P. and the playful waterfalls of the Tahquamenon river. With your new Springdale, you'll be planning trips to Yellowstone, Florida, and the Northeast coast in no time! Maybe even a Canadian visit too, aye.

Again, welcome and safe travels.

MarcS
11-02-2017, 01:46 AM
Welcome to the forum from Fowlerville Michigan! Congratulations on the new TT. Happy Camping!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NorskeBob
11-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY. We did the same when we started RV'ing - pop-up to tow behind camper. Enjoy!

AndyNSarah
11-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Welcome fellow Michigander. Congrats with the new trailer. I skipped the popup/hybrid scene and went straight for a hard sided bunkhouse last year as this was a surprise anniversary gift for the DW and our first RV. My kids are younger than yours and my wife and I came to the conclusion that space is "KING" when it comes to reining in the boys on each camping trip. You may, like us, have aspirations to visit some distant places with your new home on wheels, as it becomes contagious to road trip each summer vacation. Heck, we camped 40+ nights the first season and nearly the same this past summer. Living in Michigan, advantage 'us' for having convenient access to the wonderful state parks along the western beaches of Lake Michigan, the Golden rock formations of Pictured rocks in the U.P. and the playful waterfalls of the Tahquamenon river. With your new Springdale, you'll be planning trips to Yellowstone, Florida, and the Northeast coast in no time! Maybe even a Canadian visit too, aye.

Again, welcome and safe travels.

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone!

We are already planning trips next year...a lot of weekend trips and a longer trip out to the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore.

{tpc}
11-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Welcome from another Michigander! Have fun with the trips! :)

heiserk0410
11-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Enjoy your new rig! The best family time we ever invested in. Love it!

:camping:

brewer2930
11-08-2017, 03:33 PM
We are from middle of Mich and just bought our TT a little less than a year ago. Awesome places to visit in Michigan. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrazyCain
11-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Almost a PURE Michigan post right here!!!

:popcorn:

Mooseman31re
11-13-2017, 05:16 PM
Hello Michigan from Grand Rapids.