PDA

View Full Version : Access to furnace

Lrat4
10-30-2017, 05:27 PM
I have a 2016 fuzion 325 and the furnace would not light this past weekend. The fan would come on and I could hear the furnace try to light by hearing the clicking noise. To trouble shoot it further, I need to get access to the furnace. I do not have an access panel on the exterior of the trailer so I'm assuming I need to remove the panel that has the Jenson in command system on it in the front storage compartment. Could someone smarter than me let me know if I'm on the right track.

talk2cpu
10-30-2017, 06:28 PM
Sounds like there may be air in the gas line, or the gas is not getting there for some reason. Check gas, does the range light?

chuckster57
10-30-2017, 06:48 PM
Your on the right track if the furnace is located behind the rear wall of the basement.

How many times have you “cycled” the furnace? As stated above, make sure another LP device lights to verify gas in the lines.

If it’s clicking, then I would look at the gas valve, and if you didn’t have insect screens on the outside ports, then the burner assembly is suspect.

When it’s clicking do you smell any propane?

Lrat4
11-03-2017, 07:00 PM
I have check the gas. The stove lights and the fridge will run on gas. I do have an insect screen on. While hearing the clicking I can smell gas coming from the exhaust port.

What do you mean by "cycling" the furnace?

chuckster57
11-03-2017, 07:34 PM
I have check the gas. The stove lights and the fridge will run on gas. I do have an insect screen on. While hearing the clicking I can smell gas coming from the exhaust port.

What do you mean by "cycling" the furnace?

If your smelling LP from the exhaust port and your hearing the clicking, problem is most Likely the igniter since you said it has insect screens.

Lrat4
11-04-2017, 09:03 AM
That's what I was thinking. I will have to figure out how to get to the furnace.

texas-traveler
11-04-2017, 10:58 AM
I have seen a similar problem on another rv (deluxe mobile suite). His stove top burners worked fine but the hw tank would not light. Ignition sparked but would not light. Result was a bad lp regulator at the tanks. changed regulator and problem solved.

with the furnace an inadequate low gas pressure will not light due to improper gas volume and air ratio.

Brentw
11-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Access the furnace thru the pass thru, the false wall is not that secure, half dozen screws or so.

Lrat4
11-06-2017, 05:12 PM
thanks for the replies. when it warms up some, I will have to start on the furnace.