PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing

seaward83
10-29-2017, 02:48 PM
What all is involved? I drained all the water out of the tanks...

=^..^=
Cat

chuckster57
10-29-2017, 02:56 PM
Depends on how cold it gets.

Doesn’t freeze hard here, so I do nothing. Members up north drain, and fill with antifreeze (RV antifreeze). Lots of threads here, so sit back and pour yourself a tall one-then search “winterizing”.

dwall
10-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Just as already stated, it depends on how cold it gets. I live in south Ga so if it is supposed to be below freezing I just open my low point drains and drain my tanks. Never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkohler70
10-30-2017, 04:29 AM
I'm in the middle of the country (St. Louis). We go through a lot of freeze/thaw cycles during the winter. One favorite saying is "if you don't like the weather, wait an hour".

For the last three years, I've just blown out the lines, then poured antifreeze in all of the traps. I also blow out the black tank flush. I do allow the air to blow through the system for a long time - 20 minutes.

I do agree with what others will state - antifreeze is cheap insurance. I just don't believe there can be enough water left in the system after 20 minutes of air to expand and burst a line.

ChuckS
10-30-2017, 07:49 AM
If temps going down below freezing then do yourself a big favor and winterize. Drain water heater tank , and either blow out or suck in RV antifreeze..

Pour pink fluid down sinks, showers , and some in toilet bowl to keep seal lubricated.

Not worth risk of busting something.

Lots of good videos on how to put there. It’s really very simple. Hardest part might be locating hot water bypass valve.. some are right at water panel station while others may be behind a panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UsTwo
10-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Im also in the middle of the country.. I also blow air through the lines, after I pull the rod from the water heater. then I run anit-freeze.. through the lines and down the traps and in the toilet, and bowl, and leave it..but that is just me,, I just don't want any surprise in the spring.

seaward83
10-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Thank you!!!

=^..^=
Cat