PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Alpine 2017 3010 City Water Connect

Wanderin
10-29-2017, 01:06 PM
Connecting to city water slowly appears to fill the tank on the RV. We've had the 5th wheel only three months and originally took it back to dealer. Dealer indicates it's working like it should. However, when we drain the fresh water tank, it takes about a day to show that it's filling slowing. Then, the vent drips. Is there a quick fix to stop the tank from draining into the tank? The city connection is selected like it should be.

brad2388
10-29-2017, 01:25 PM
St the water connection theres a valve that selects the water tank fill.

That valve goes bad pretty regular. Theres 4 orings inside that get rolled up.

You can call them and they will send you a kit to fix it with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChuckS
10-29-2017, 02:12 PM
This will give you a better idea what the other poster is talking about. On backside of function select valve is check valve that is leaking allowing water to go into your fresh water tank

http://www.trekwood.com/products/290435/Valve-200RV-4-Function-RV-Fill-Station-w-Check-Valve-And-Plate

brad2388
10-29-2017, 02:14 PM
This will give you a better idea what the other poster is talking about. On backside of function select valve is check valve that is leaking allowing water to go into your fresh water tank

http://www.trekwood.com/products/290435/Valve-200RV-4-Function-RV-Fill-Station-w-Check-Valve-And-Plate

Yep. That handle comes off and the set screw on the side comes out and it comes apart from the front. You dont have to get to the back.

ChuckS
10-29-2017, 02:16 PM
This is the repair kit to fix your leaking valve

https://elkrv.com/products/valve-repair-kit-for-4-function-rv-fill-station-200rv-rk

bobbecky
10-29-2017, 04:27 PM
If the o-rings are good, you may also have a bad check valve in the water pump, which will allow city water to flow back into the fresh tank.

LZScout
10-30-2017, 05:40 AM
The dealer is wrong, the responses above correct. Insist the dealer cover it under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wanderin
11-08-2017, 09:11 AM
First of all, I want to thank everyone for their assistance and feedback on this. I did call Alpine and they will send us one if we want to buy it from one of their part stores. We are thinking we will just have a mobile RV repair fix it. All Camping World did when it was back with them to fix was tighten the switch so it couldn't be turned. That's the scoop and that's where we are at. We will be ordering the part as recommended above. Thanks again!

ChuckS
11-11-2017, 06:58 AM
I’m assuming you ordered the repair kit.. should be a super simple repair for you.. let us know how it all works out...

Also... the more you can learn on how to mainta8n and repair your fifth wheel and stay away from service centers the happier you will be and the better your bank account will be

spicercars
11-12-2017, 04:14 AM
I'm not sure why some dealers are so hard to work with. They get paid from the company that makes the rv for all the repairs. It make it really tough to go back and buy again when there is a problem. And you wonder why people go out of town to purchase an rv?

chuckster57
11-12-2017, 04:36 AM
I'm not sure why some dealers are so hard to work with. They get paid from the company that makes the rv for all the repairs. It make it really tough to go back and buy again when there is a problem. And you wonder why people go out of town to purchase an rv?

We get paid IF there is enough documentation (pictures and words) to prove it’s a defect. The labor rate and time is set by the manufacturer. Having to take something apart, take pictures, submit for approval, then order the part makes some dealers choose not to do the work.