PDA

View Full Version : No Air From Floor Vent

IRV2
10-28-2017, 05:31 PM
Today the DW and I wanted to see if we could improve the air flow to the floor vent near the dining area. Our heater has three 4" corrugated hoses and another that is 2". I discovered that one goes to bathroom and bedroom and one to living room one to dining room and the 2" in underbelly (I think).

The living room was the farthest from the heater and had a really powerful air flow the dining room was next farthest had little to no air. The bathroom is the closest and will blow you off the seat and it connects to the bedroom which also has good air flow. When DW pulls out the register this is what she finds.

Our 2018 Ladero 298SRL is so nice and we love it and fixing these is kinda fun. We did this modification to solve the problem. We taped the end of the register so no unwanted air would enter the trailer. Then we used some of the remaining hose and attached it to the heater went to Lowes and bought a dryer vent and pulled out the little louvers and zip tied it the large vent return in the pantry.The door has about a 2" gap from bottom of door to the floor. I apologize for the rotated pics. not what they looked like when they were uploaded.:facepalm:

IRV2
11-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Had a chance to run the heater this morning and the vent mod worked really good and didn't seem to compete with the flow of air going into the heater box. That 2" gap under the door is allowing the air to circulate nicely. If the weather holds we will drop the coroplast and route it properly to the vent. Its works for now. I was going to do it under warranty, but want to see whatever else is under there that maybe messed up or tangled. It seems like there should be a filter on this large suction vent has anyone installed a filter, like whats in a house?