PDA

View Full Version : Slideout does not work

Steverett
10-26-2017, 06:48 PM
Hi Folks,
We just bought a 2013 Springdale and are going on our first shakeout camping trip tomorrow in it. We brought it home from storage where it's been for about a month and a half. After we got it home, I tried opening the slideout and i got nothing, no motor noise, no nothing.
The dealer said that the battery has to be fully charged, so I have it on house power and crossing my fingers that it will work in the morning. When we bought it, the dealer said they put in a brand-new battery.

If there is something I'm missing, like turning on a switch or something, please let me know.

Thanks for all your help with this,
Steverett

Terry W.
10-26-2017, 06:53 PM
Hi Folks,
We just bought a 2013 Springdale and are going on our first shakeout camping trip tomorrow in it. We brought it home from storage where it's been for about a month and a half. After we got it home, I tried opening the slideout and i got nothing, no motor noise, no nothing.
The dealer said that the battery has to be fully charged, so I have it on house power and crossing my fingers that it will work in the morning. When we bought it, the dealer said they put in a brand-new battery.

If there is something I'm missing, like turning on a switch or something, please let me know.

Thanks for all your help with this,
SteverettThe battery will drain to zero in storage. Reason being continue drain from radio memory, LP leak detector, smoke detectors, CO detector and things along those lines.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sourdough
10-26-2017, 07:34 PM
Don't take a dealer's word for anything - you have to know and check those things. I would check the battery the very first thing. I suspect it may be your culprit despite the claim "it was new when you bought it". Check water levels and pull it out of the box to make sure it hasn't "bulged".

It's been in storage. Did it ever work? Did you ever check things out our?? Obviously you have a DC problem but without knowing what you have/haven't done it's pretty hard to assess what the situation is. More info?

Tinner12002
10-27-2017, 02:14 AM
The battery nearly went dead in mine after I had it in storage for a few weeks. As Terry W said, there are fantom power draws on the battery as I found out also. I remedied that on mine by installing a second battery disconnect in the battery compartment to totally disconnect the battery from the coach.

ctbruce
10-27-2017, 02:58 AM
^^^^What they said. If you want them to last without a charge on them, disconnect the negative cable when stored. Or as suggested, install a second battery disconnect at the battery. Either way, it does the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Voyager
10-27-2017, 07:52 AM
First thing to do is check the fuse, on my Springdale it’s a 30amp fuse and I’ve had it blow a few times, also get to know how to manually bring slide in, I tried it in my driveway with an 18v drill, worked fine but my drill has a high and low setting and would not work on high, you can also use a ratchet but will take quite a while, good luck.

KCSA75
11-04-2017, 10:42 AM
FWIW when we did our walkthru on our Cougar we were told the battery has to be connected, even if it's dead and you're connected to shore power.
So as another poster said, I would check the fuses before going any further.