PDA

View Full Version : Battery charging question

Tunnel_Vision
10-24-2017, 07:27 AM
Newbie here, we have purchased a new to us 2010 Raptor 361LEV. My question is this, can the on board charger/converter charge more than two batteries?

Thank you in advance!

Dan

MarcS
10-24-2017, 01:54 PM
If they are 12 volt batteries connected in parallel, yes. If they are 6 volt batteries connected in series, yes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tunnel_Vision
10-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Thank you, it has two 12v, can I add a third without hurting anything?

chuckster57
10-24-2017, 02:19 PM
Yes you can. You might want to consider upgrading your converter. Make sure you connect all the negatives together and all the positives together. Then put the positive trailer lead on one end of the bank and the negative lead on the OTHER END of the bank.

Tunnel_Vision
10-24-2017, 02:27 PM
Thank you all, I have a new Interstate deep cycle from my other trailer that i don't want to just let it sit, and while boondocking all little more DC power will come in handy. In the future i would like to add solar and change to a 6 volt bank. Maybe a Inverter too!

Wayne883
10-24-2017, 05:56 PM
Newbie here, we have purchased a new to us 2010 Raptor 361LEV. My question is this, can the on board charger/converter charge more than two batteries?

Thank you in advance!

Dan

Congratulations. I have the same year and model. We love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonewolftx
10-27-2017, 04:20 AM
Thank you all, I have a new Interstate deep cycle from my other trailer that i don't want to just let it sit, and while boondocking all little more DC power will come in handy. In the future i would like to add solar and change to a 6 volt bank. Maybe a Inverter too!

You need to make sure the 3rd bat added is the same make & model, age as the other two. When connecting bats in parallel they all work together and if you mix and match them is doesn’t work well.