PDA

View Full Version : New 5th wheeler- 2018 Hideout 315RTDS

Kilgorea
10-23-2017, 04:57 PM
Hello all,

New to the forum. We have owned three previous units so not new to RV's. First was Jayco pop up, second Heartland Trail Runner 23TBH, third was a 2016 Jayco 267 BHS. About to take delivery on a new 2018 Keystone Hideout 315 RTDS. Tow rig is a 2017 Ram 2500 crew cab with 6.5 ft bed and 6.4 liter hemi. Never had a 5th wheel so interested in whatever advice anyone wants to provide us. Also, any advice on PDI from camping world. Taking delivery from Jamatt RV in Poteau, OK which just became a camping world 6 months ago. Any advice on this dealership or camping world in general is appreciated. Will direct my questions to correct topic boards as requested. Glad to be here!!

sourdough
10-23-2017, 05:49 PM
Other than the remarks from CW CEO Marcus Lemonis that alienated many folks, I've had superior luck with my CW. Beware of the recent transition from a private RV place to CW. When I bought mine in 2014 the dealership was in the same transition. Mass confusion on pricing, deals etc. By the time they pulled my chain about 3 times and I got the CW CEO involved, the sales manager and GM (old owner) of the dealership were gone in about a month. Just beware of that situation, and if you are dealing on a unit that belonged to the original dealership then transferred to CW, pay particular attention to pricing and details. In my case, CW (the new sales manager) had no clue what the price was of the RV, what the dealership had in it or anything else. He was just winging numbers left and right....anyway.

If they do a PDI like my CW, they will do a pretty comprehensive PDI on the unit before you ever see it. Take the PDI list from this site and do your own PDI with them after they have completed theirs and before you take ownership.

MarcS
10-24-2017, 01:40 AM
Welcome to the forum from Fowlerville Michigan! Congratulations on the new 5ver! I've had good luck with the Camping World where we purchased our TT in sales, service, and parts. Happy Camping!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tbos
10-24-2017, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy your new rig.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

NorskeBob
10-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY. Allot of good info in the fifth wheel postings. Give yourself plenty room when making turns. Good camping mirrors on the tow vehicle will help allot.