PDA

View Full Version : Satellite TV

cfensty
10-22-2017, 06:04 PM
My wife and I own a 2016 Sprinter Fiver and we enjoy traveling to various NASCAR tracks and the Delaware/Maryland shore. A couple years ago I bought a King Tailgator satellite dish system. This has been the most frustrating experience I ever had. Every time we get to a new location, it takes me at least an hour to get the system set up. Usually takes several re-set tries and way too much time on the phone with technical support until I finally get connected. And yes, I am following instructions to the t with respect to direction and obstruction. I’m about ready to give up on this system. Can anyone recommend something that works without a hassle.

Thanks

chuckster57
10-22-2017, 07:50 PM
Winegard carryout. I have a first gen, got it in 2008 and still good as gold.

Tinner12002
10-23-2017, 02:32 AM
I have been looking at these, not sure about how long to set up but it says fully automatic.

Winegard PA-6002 Pathway X2 Satellite TV Antenna Fully-Automatic (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Winegard-PA-6002-Pathway-X2-Satellite-TV-Antenna-Fully-Automatic/142258563553?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649)

chuckster57
10-23-2017, 03:46 AM
My carryout is automatic. And I have an app I use to check for obstructions.

ChuckS
10-23-2017, 04:40 AM
We’ve been using the King Quest with direct tv.. automatic unit.. I use compass on phone to find north, point handle of unit north.. from power up to full menu download averages about ten minutes...system has worked awesome out in forests in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Nevada, etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RaptorJB
10-23-2017, 05:25 AM
I have the pathway X2, Big ole box and keep it in the loft when not in use. Setup is easy, unbox and use the stand you can buy for it, plug in the 2 cables, point to south east and away it goes(it turns around several times looking for SATS) It takes 10-15 minutes to complete the setup and to download the guide while I'm doing other setup things around camp. Its not heavy but is bulky, you can lock it up as well so it doesn't grow legs and run away.

MattHelm21
10-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Winegard Trav’ler mounted to the roof. Park, turn it on and move onto something else. It just works. I also use an app to make sure I don’t park it behind a tree trunk or something. I’m DirecTV so the app I use is called SatToolz for DirecTV. Winegard makes a Dish version as well.

laidback
10-23-2017, 05:29 PM
I got the pathway x2 this past summer while in TN. Had trouble with the tailgater as it was looking for western arc sat. The x 2 will use either eastern or western sats. Spent days dealing with tech support until I got somebody that knew what he was talking about. I use it with Dish and have not had one problem.

mfifield01
10-24-2017, 09:39 AM
I have the King Quest. I have found 2 things that can help. First, I make sure the receiver and power injector are off before setup. I point it due south, connect, and power everything up. The second thing is setting your current location zip code under satellite setup in settings.

Ram189
10-25-2017, 04:08 PM
I have a roof mounted unit from Wingard that I hit the switch anywhere on the east coast and it works. I use DirecTV and never have an issue.