PDA

View Full Version : Cable TV hookup Question?

xrated
10-22-2017, 01:11 PM
OK, since we are pretty much done with our track days for the year, next weekend, we are going to take the Impact 303 Toy Hauler out to a real campground in Chattanooga and spend 4 days with my daughter and Son-in-Law camping and having some fun. So the question I am asking, is this.

The campground has free cable TV and I have no idea how to tap into it or what I need to connect. Our toy hauler has a weatherproof connector up front and outside that you would screw an "F" connector on. Right next to it is a normal 120VAC receptacle under a weatherproof cover. I'm thinking that is for putting a TV outside and hooking it up...correct?

So in the back of the toy hauler, in the garage area is where the signal booster is located and there is a button to turn it on. Also, on that same plate is two places to hook a "F" connector. The top one is labelled "satellite" and the bottom one is labelled TV. Is the one that is labelled "satellite" where a cable would be plugged into for the campground provided cable signal? If not.....where do I hook up the coax from the campground's cable service to my T.H.......at the Television itself?

Thank in advance.....I'm a total rookie on this issue.

Javi
10-22-2017, 02:41 PM
My Cougar has 2 individual connectors in the convenience center, one marked CABLE, and the other marked SATELLITE. My Passport had a connector at the rear of the trailer marked CABLE..

What you're describing with the 110 plug is for an outside TV hookup... I have one of those on the off side of the trailer in the basement.. and the mount for the TV in storage.

xrated
10-22-2017, 02:50 PM
My Cougar has 2 individual connectors in the convenience center, one marked CABLE, and the other marked SATELLITE. My Passport had a connector at the rear of the trailer marked CABLE..

What you're describing with the 110 plug is for an outside TV hookup... I have one of those on the off side of the trailer in the basement.. and the mount for the TV in storage.

You have confirmed what I thought for the outside front offside connector and recpt.......it a place to hook up an outside Television. Thank You! I'm wondering if the one that's marked satellite (in the garage area) would be a direct input to the television in the living room/kitchen area?

Javi
10-22-2017, 04:23 PM
Sent pm

Javi

xrated
10-30-2017, 12:02 PM
UPDATE: Well, we just got back early this afternoon from our 4 day adventure in Chattanooga......Awesome place for sure! So anyway, I feel like a real bonehead now. As I was setting up the trailer Thursday afternoon, and was hooking up the electric, I happened to notice that there are two ports in the same general area. One is marked satellite prep and the other is unmarked. So I hooked up the cable connection to the one that was unmarked and we had cable TV for out weekend. I guess I just overlooked those two ports because I never had the option of using cable before.....so now I know, but I still feel like a bonehead for not seeing it before.! :nonono:

Javi
10-30-2017, 02:02 PM
Glad you found it

Javi

xrated
10-30-2017, 02:59 PM
Glad you found it

Javi

And I appreciate the time you took with me last week on the phone trying to help. Now, onto other issues......like a leak that I discovered during our Saturday of rain in Chattanooga.