PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom is small

JRmgj1976
10-19-2017, 03:13 PM
This may not be the correct category to ask, but here goes!
We have a brand new Avalanche 320RS. WE haven't even been on our first trip yet...we live in Florida and the hurricane had other plans for us those 2 weeks...AND my husband works for the power company, so you understand :)
ANYWAY, the bathroom area is VERY small. WE knew that, but loved the tub, so we gave up space. I honestly don't know where to put a toilet paper holder! I guess that's a small thing, but other than the floor or on the sink, I have no idea! The ONLY wall space is behind the toilet, makes it hard to get to when you need it. No place for a towel rack...the "over the shower" towel rack I bought won't fit "over the shower".....don't really want damp towel hanging on the door, so that's an issue also. What have any of you done in your rigs?

sourdough
10-19-2017, 03:24 PM
We've used a "dispenser" that hung over the cabinet door under the sink and a little pedestal that sits on the floor that holds the toilet paper - it worked really well and took up very little space.....and it's moveable.

Canonman
10-19-2017, 03:31 PM
Something like this worked for us:
https://www.amazon.com/InterDesign-Twillo-Standing-Bathroom-Storage/dp/B0051S9BXS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1508455688&sr=8-5&keywords=toilet+paper+floor+holder.
We also installed a 3 hook towel holder on the door. Damp towels don't seem to be a problem there for us

Javi
10-19-2017, 03:43 PM
Necessity is the mother of invention :D

We put the roll under the sink cabinet.. Hang towels on the shower door...

rrjernigan
10-19-2017, 04:30 PM
Not the same unit but we use 3M hooks to hang towels, anywhere there was space. One on the door to the hall, one on the door to our bedroom, one next to the shower in a small space.

Bisjoe
10-19-2017, 05:37 PM
The bathroom on our Springdale is small too. On ours I hung the TP on the cabinet, next to the toilet so very easy to reach. Cannot use fat rolls like Costco TP though, or the seat cover will hit it. I hung a shower curtain rod above the toilet below the ceiling for towels, and an over-the-door hook set for more hanging.

John&Genny
10-20-2017, 01:39 AM
Congrats on your new 320RS. Yes, the bathroom is small, but considering you spend the least amount of time in there, at least hopefully :) Anyway, I'll refer you to a post that NorskeBob put on the forum showing how he had his bathroom setup, and it's almost identical to what we have:

320RS Bathroom Setup (http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=236191&postcount=51)

If you need help finding the TP and towel holders, Amazon.com is your friend :)

Dave W
10-20-2017, 03:17 AM
Ours has a TP holder and a set of hooks over the toilet .... but of course that wasn't enough for SWMBO. I've added a towel rack and a hand towel ring next to the sink, made two nice double hook towel holders from some left over oak stained close to the color, one of which is installed on the bathroom door and the other on the bedroom door. On a long gone TT, the TP holder was mounted on the cabinet door (outside, assume by the PO!!) and, again, I added one or two more racks.

It is your camper to add whatever and where possible. And it does take some imagination and possibly some 'net wanderings to find what you want and maybe some ideas:D

LarrySharon
10-20-2017, 07:16 AM
We use something like this that we bought at Walmart. Because there is not a convenient spot to meet everyone's perfect location.
https://www.amazon.com/Gatco-1436SN-Pedestal-Toilet-Holder/dp/B000NSMVW4/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1508512399&sr=1-5&keywords=toilet+paper+floor+holder

It rides great never having fall over and can be moved out of the way or placed where it is more convenient.

Desert185
10-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Necessity is the mother of invention :D

We put the roll under the sink cabinet.. Hang towels on the shower door...

Bingo! :thumbsup: