PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioner Issues

cgr7225
10-18-2017, 05:48 AM
I just purchased a 2011 Montana High Country from a local dealer and have completed the walk thru. Any issues were corrected before I took ownership. Now on my first camping trip both A/C units will not turn on. I mean not a sound. So no power I suspect. I checked the fuses and CB to the units and they appear fine.

I was plugged into a 50 amp breaker outlet which was producing power because the heater will turn on and provide heat. Hot water heater worked fine so I think I'm not doing something right,

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Yes my first camper of this size.:confused:

rsl
10-18-2017, 10:56 AM
Make sure, you have power. The heater runs off propane and batteries. The Hot water heater can operate on electric or propane.

earlzach
10-18-2017, 11:38 AM
I have done the same thing before. It took me 20 minutes before I realized I was running on battery. The breaker was off.

notanlines
10-18-2017, 11:45 AM
My money goes with rsl and Earl: Probably the breaker at your pedestal. Let us know how you come out.

sourdough
10-18-2017, 12:32 PM
^^^^what they said. When we land in an RV park and plug in, the breakers are usually off at the ped.

ctbruce
10-19-2017, 03:26 AM
Is your thermostat set correctly? Cooling turned on, temp set to below ambient temp, fan on auto?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SteveC7010
10-19-2017, 03:48 AM
All of the above....

Double check the camground box for breaker on
Check the campground box for actual power at the plug - many of us have testers for this
Verify that your cable is correctly connected at both ends
Verify that your circuit breakers for the A/C(s) are on.
Verify that you have 110vac in the trailer - the LED clock on the microwave is an easy check
Thermostat properly set for cool, not heat, and temp set
Some thermostats need the fan switch in a proper position

All of these things have nothing to do the the trailer, the manufacturer, the brand, the model, or any other outside influence with the exception of the power to the campground pole. If there's no power there, even with the breaker on, back to the office you go.

Also, it will help a lot when you are more familiar with your unit so that you know and fully understand which appliances are 110vac and which are 12vdc or a combination. As pointed out, the two appliances that you cited are not 110vac dependent and therefore not a reliable indicator of 110vac in the trailer.

flybouy
10-20-2017, 03:03 AM
All of the above....

Double check the camground box for breaker on
Check the campground box for actual power at the plug - many of us have testers for this
Verify that your cable is correctly connected at both ends
Verify that your circuit breakers for the A/C(s) are on.
Verify that you have 110vac in the trailer - the LED clock on the microwave is an easy check
Thermostat properly set for cool, not heat, and temp set
Some thermostats need the fan switch in a proper position

All of these things have nothing to do the the trailer, the manufacturer, the brand, the model, or any other outside influence with the exception of the power to the campground pole. If there's no power there, even with the breaker on, back to the office you go.

Also, it will help a lot when you are more familiar with your unit so that you know and fully understand which appliances are 110vac and which are 12vdc or a combination. As pointed out, the two appliances that you cited are not 110vac dependent and therefore not a reliable indicator of 110vac in the trailer.
Great advice. I would only add this simple test, turn on the television, if it comes on you have power (very few units come with 12 v dc tvs).