PDA

View Full Version : G'Day from Downunder

FlyingAroundRV
10-17-2017, 04:39 PM
G'Day:

My name is Scott and I live in Australia (Oz), but originally I'm from Florida.

My wife and I are planning to go to the US next year (2018) to purchase a travel trailer and a truck to do some touring. We have chosen the Outback 272UFL and will be ordering that in the near future. We will purchase a pickup when we arrive, most likely a Ford F-150 XLT.

We plan to spend 3 months of the year touring the US for 5-6 years and hope we can meet up with other Keystone RV owners as we go.

We own a Light Sport Aircraft here in Oz and do flying touring here. If you're interested in seeing some of the Australian Outback, have a gander at our Flying Around videos.
The best place to start with them is here:
https://youtu.be/cNvz2Fb67i0

Chris P
10-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the forum from New Jersey look forward to hearing from you when you get to the states

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MarcS
10-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the forum from Fowlerville Michigan. Sounds like a fantastic adventure you have planned! I hope all goes well and Happy Camping!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gkainz
10-17-2017, 05:49 PM
G'Day, Scott! Welcome to the forum. I have a sister office in Melbourne, so chat with the mates down there regularly.
If you make it up to Colorado on your adventure, we'll have to fly together! I don't have an RV (Van's) but do belong to an ownership club with 3 nice planes - Dakota, Saratoga and a Bonanza.
Greg

FlyingAroundRV
10-17-2017, 06:09 PM
G'Day, Scott! Welcome to the forum. I have a sister office in Melbourne, so chat with the mates down there regularly.
If you make it up to Colorado on your adventure, we'll have to fly together! I don't have an RV (Van's) but do belong to an ownership club with 3 nice planes - Dakota, Saratoga and a Bonanza.
Greg
Greg:

Thanks for that generous offer! I would never turn down having a fly, anytime.
My wife spent some time with her nephew in Fort Collins while he was working there and she has some very fond memories of Colorado, so it will definitely be on our to-do list of places to go. I don't know if we'll make it there next year, we'll be pretty crazy, getting our rig set up and the bugs chased out.

The dealer we have chosen is in Elkhart, so for the first little while I think we'll stay fairly close in case we need dealer support. From all that I've read, we can expect some teething problems with any trailer we buy, but I'm pretty handy with most things.

Anyway, let's keep in touch and catch up when we come to Co.

Tbos
10-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy your trip.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW