PDA

View Full Version : Helpful tricks & tips

mikz86ta
10-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Thought this would be a good spot to post up some helpful tips and tricks. Since I see alot of similar postings with same questions.
Please note the year and model of your coach.

mikz86ta
10-15-2017, 09:57 AM
My first one.....

This is a 2016 Fuzion FZ420 :

I needed to upgrade my HDMI cables, my soundbar and add a DISH receiver. I could not find the power plug outlet for the DVD player. Come to find out it is hidden.....behind the fireplace.

To access, remove the front 3-side (left, right, top) trim on the fireplace by sliding it upwards. Remove to expose 4 screws holding the fireplace unit in. The fireplace is not too heavy but be careful.
Behind the fireplace is a single gang plug for the fireplace itself. Mine was mounted down low. But up high/top behind there is a standard 2=gang plug. This is where the DVD player plugs into.

Unfortunately you have to snake the DVD plug thru the abyss, but that's another story.

I used this same 2-gang plug for my DISH Receiver under there.

mikz86ta
10-15-2017, 10:03 AM
As mentioned above, there is some hard to get wires on the FZ420 entertainment center.
The DVD area has a small hole behind it.
The TV area has 2 wall plates (Power and Cables) and small holes behind them.
The Radio spot is your best access area. The DoubleDIN radio is on a plate screwed in the the center. Remove the radio and plate. You have a rats-nest of wires to filter thru, but there is a large access hole back there. You can fish wires up to the smaller DVD hole or up to the TV outlet area.
Removing the Fireplace gets you to the hidden 2-gang power outlet, as well as to the back side of the USB & 12volt center.

Hope this helps

MattHelm21
10-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Miz86ta:
Very good information. Thank you. I went this route:
I mounted a power strip behind the TV plugged into the outlet there and also drilled a 1 inch hole behind the TV and a 1 inch hole directly below in the empty spot where I placed my DirecTV receiver. I then fished a string down to the DirecTV spot and used it to pull power, HDMI, and Ethernet cables up to the TV and power strip. I also have a wifi router behind the TV for the Ethernet.

mikz86ta
10-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Miz86ta:
Very good information. Thank you. I went this route:
I mounted a power strip behind the TV plugged into the outlet there and also drilled a 1 inch hole behind the TV and a 1 inch hole directly below in the empty spot where I placed my DirecTV receiver. I then fished a string down to the DirecTV spot and used it to pull power, HDMI, and Ethernet cables up to the TV and power strip. I also have a wifi router behind the TV for the Ethernet.

Nice!
We plan on doing a Wi-Fi booster, a Cell Booster and wireless router in the future too.

I ended up moving the smaller than the stock opening Samsung DVD player to the unused large opening under the TV. Because our ViP211z Dish receiver fit the original DVD player spot more perfect.
I put shot glasses collection in opening under TV and will do LED hidden strip in there for effect later.

mikz86ta
02-27-2018, 06:05 PM
Found this while 'Tube browsing some RV awning vids. Thought it was quite cool.

https://youtu.be/l4SSiG0nTa4

Tinner12002
02-28-2018, 03:33 AM
Found this while 'Tube browsing some RV awning vids. Thought it was quite cool.

https://youtu.be/l4SSiG0nTa4

They also make a white round plastic cover in 4ft or 5ft sections I think that snap around the awning to protect it. It looks like you just expand or spread it open then it closes around the awning...not sure if it drivable with it on there or not but I thought it was. Its an idea but I think I'd pass on the gutter!

mikz86ta
02-28-2018, 07:36 AM
They also make a white round plastic cover in 4ft or 5ft sections I think that snap around the awning to protect it. It looks like you just expand or spread it open then it closes around the awning...not sure if it drivable with it on there or not but I thought it was. Its an idea but I think I'd pass on the gutter!

True. This one he did for when stored. I seen the one you spoke of.....they seem tighter.

I'd like to find one that's a permanent 'sheild' like I seen on some high-end Diesel coaches.