PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving trip to Utah

chollahan
10-15-2017, 05:53 AM
Hey guys, we are wanting to take a trip to Utah (lower Utah) around Thanksgiving this year. Any recommendations as far as nice RV parks or State/National parks to see?

Thanks!

notanlines
10-15-2017, 05:59 AM
In that you won't have a lot of time, I suggest you Google "the mighty five national parks in Utah" and go from there. There are probably more than 15, but you probably don't have that kind of time. These five will be all you'll need to bring home a chest full of memories.

Canonman
10-15-2017, 06:45 AM
That time of year can bring snow and certainly cold to most of the state. Even the southernmost parks can see snow and freezing temps.
That said, I'd recommend Zion NP Most any of the RV parks in Springdale are good, but reservations due to the holiday highly recommended. Zion Canyon CG and RV Park is just outside the park. You'd be extremely lucky to get a spot in the Park at Watchman CG but it might be worth a try.
Not sure of your location or planned route. With a bit more information I can help with some additional suggestions. If you like you can PM me or we can continue via this thread.

theallde
10-15-2017, 07:44 PM
Willow Wind RV Park in Hurricane is nice, only a 30 minute drive to Zion NP to the east and 30 minute drive to St. George to the west - nice in between spot. Be ready for low 40's or high 30's at night.

Enjoy ..... Don

arniez
10-16-2017, 11:33 AM
Ruby's Inn Campground just outside Bryce Canyon is very nice. Ask for a spot on the lower level.

B-O-B'03
10-16-2017, 01:09 PM
Ruby's Inn Campground just outside Bryce Canyon is very nice. Ask for a spot on the lower level.

We stayed there, in the late 90s, there used to be a diner across the street that had awesome pies... blueberry banana cream was my favorite, not sure if it still exists or not.

The campground was nice.

-Brian