PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from Michigan

Sailorpat1954
10-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Greetings

My wife and I went to the RV show in Novi Michigan last Thursday. (Just to look)
Well guess what ?

Friday we pick up our 2018 Keystone Passport 2520R. We are long time sailors, and have always said boating is “Camping on the Water”

We retired this spring so time to try new hobbies. I have a few questions for people with experience.

I know when I pick it up they are gonna try to sell me some kind of warranty, I have never been a warranty type of guy, I am the type that does everything him self. What are your thoughts on warranties ?

As far as outside sealant they tried to sell me at the show I will do that myself, what do you guys recommend?

All the propane and water systems are quite similar to boats so I would be fine.

I am sure after we take delivery I will have many more questions.

Thanks

Pat and Debbie
Dearborn Michigan

Tbos
10-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the forum MD. Enjoy your camping on dry ground.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

CrazyCain
10-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the forum from Commerce Twp Michigan. Great forum, great people, ask anything you want and you will get your answer. Missed the show last wknd becasue we were up at the trailer, but will catch the one in Feb. As for extended warranty's, never get them, but all appliances and other stuff carry their own warranty anyway... JMHO

Enjoy and happy camping

:dance::dance:
:camping::wlcm:

sourdough
10-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new trailer. Be sure you do a thorough PDI on the new trailer before you take off with it. Here is a link;
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5129

MarcS
10-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Welcome to the forum from Fowlerville Michigan. Enjoy the new RV. Happy Camping!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

notanlines
10-11-2017, 01:48 AM
Welcome to the forum from the Memphis area! "I am the type that does everything him self" That about says it all concerning warrantees. Watch things closely the first year and go from there. Congrat's on the retirement. It IS all it's cracked up to be!

cardinal96ss
10-11-2017, 06:55 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. There is lots of great advice and experience to tap from the members. My advice is to take a few days camping trip in your driveway to familiarize yourselves with the RV's features and to identify those things you wish you had packed but didn't.
Have fun and let us know how the 2018 works out..

Sailorpat1954
10-11-2017, 07:02 AM
Thanks guys . I can see this site is quite like sailboat owners.
Good helpful people.

I will update after I have the RV for a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorskeBob
10-11-2017, 07:20 AM
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY. Always enjoy the UP.

chartrand
10-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Welcome fellow Michigander

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sailorpat1954
10-22-2017, 02:45 PM
We are using our new TT first time. WE LOVE IT!!!! Even if it started rain and will rain for the next few days

Pat and Debbie
Dearborn Mi

sourdough
10-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Looks great! I know you can't feel the waves but camping has other virtues. But, where's the grill? I don't see one in the pics:eek: You gotta have a grill.......or two :)

Sailorpat1954
10-23-2017, 02:03 AM
Looks great! I know you can't feel the waves but camping has other virtues. But, where's the grill? I don't see one in the pics:eek: You gotta have a grill.......or two :)

There’s a grill hanging off the rear. It just can’t be seen in the photo. It made some great ribeyes [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk