PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Roof Cleaner

cfensty
10-09-2017, 07:11 AM
Are there any rubber roof cleaners that are better than others?

MarcS
10-09-2017, 07:22 AM
I use Dawn dish soap without bleach.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gearhead
10-09-2017, 09:12 AM
I have used Dawn and I'm pretty sure it stripped any wax I had on the sides of the trailer.
I'm overdue to inspect and clean my roof. I'm thinking of using a "dedicated" RV roof cleaner. No idea which one though.

TyeeMan
10-09-2017, 09:28 AM
I've used a Thetford product, I believe it's a rubber roof cleaner and conditioner. Seemed to work pretty well.

In my opinion I would try to stick to products that are designed for that task as the rubber roof rather expensive to replace and you want to get the longest life out of it.

If you know what company makes the fabric jump on their website and see if they recommend any products.

Canonman
10-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Unless your roof has a serious case of "Grungosis" regular Dawn dish soap with a soft bristle car wash brush is most adequate. Rinse well and be careful

TyeeMan
10-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Mine had a lot of funk on it. I have no idea when or if it had ever been cleaned before I did it.
I think I might have went over it twice the first time, but I have to give the Thetford stuff a lot of credit, it really cleaned well.

TLB
10-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Dawn work for me.

mfifield01
10-09-2017, 10:55 AM
I've been using car wash and a soft brush on mine. The car wash might not be strong enough.

CrazyCain
10-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Dawn for me, I dont worry about the sides being de-waxed becasue i always wax anyway!

:popcorn:
:D

MerlinB
10-12-2017, 09:29 AM
I don't know about the rest of you guys but my 2016 Cougar xLite does not have a rubber roof. It has a TPO roof which is a type of plastic, not rubber. Shortly after I got the Cougar I decided to replace the tank vents and one of the ceiling vents so I asked Keystone what kind of caulking to use on the TPO. They referred me to Alpha Systems, LLC, the manufacturer of the TPO and I used the caulking they recommended. Later on I inquired about using some of the Dicor rubber roof cleaning products and they recommended using only "Simple Green" or a similar mild cleaner. I trust the manufacturer's recommendations.

gearhead
10-12-2017, 01:11 PM
TPO and EPDM are both usually referred to as "rubber roof". Both look similar at glance. Texture and backing is different.
Be careful with Simple Green, I have heard it will damage aluminum.

sourdough
10-12-2017, 01:22 PM
TPO and EPDM are both usually referred to as "rubber roof". Both look similar at glance. Texture and backing is different.
Be careful with Simple Green, I have heard it will damage aluminum.

Yes, I would be careful with the Simple Green. I had some in my garage years ago and my grandson decided to wash his dad's car. Used Simple Green on the wheels. Then I heard my son "blast off" when he went outside to check. You could see everywhere the detergent had and hadn't been - sort of discolored? the areas (some sort of reaction). I removed it from the garage and no longer keep it anywhere.

cpaulsen
10-12-2017, 04:03 PM
I use Dawn dish soap without bleach.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Same here!!