PDA

View Full Version : Outside lights don't work

Pterneus
10-07-2017, 06:12 PM
I recently purchased a used 2014 1/2 , Montana Mountaineer 295 rkd.
I am having trouble getting the outside lights to work. The led docking light, the light under the king pin and both OS and ODS lights do not come on. I am aware of only the switches in the control panel for the outdoor security lights which glow red when turned on. The Amber porch light works fine.
I found a switch on the oval light under the king pin and switched it to on but it doesn't work.
I have found no switch for the led docking light and have no idea how to attempt to turn it on.
I have checked the 12v system fuses and the panel led trouble lights indicate all are good.
It is possible that all these lights have burned out but not likely, especially the led docking light.
I have read that on earlier years there was a remote control to operate these lights but the owners manual doesn't mention it and I don't have one. I actually read the remote was discontinued after 2012 but have no idea, maybe I need one?

Canonman
10-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Darned frustrating looking for something that should be obvious. There may have been a remote programmed for the outside lights. Our Cougar is set up that way. If the light is turned with the remote you have to use the remote to turn it off. However, once off the switch can be used to turn it back on. Owner Relations at 866-425-4369 would be a good place to start. Good folks who really are there to help. They answer the phone live or will call you back. I've had good luck with questions regarding our Cougar. Web page is :
http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service

Pterneus
10-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the phone#. I did read a post that the led docking light comes on with the ODS light. I didn't give that a try I just know the security lights did not come on with the switches. Very possible that they are burned out. I don't currently have a ladder to check the bulbs in them but that's my next step. Maybe the oval porch light under the king pin is only powered on with the ods switch also. I'll be checking this tomorrow when I go winterize the trailer.

Alpine
10-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Could be in any number of places! :D The LED hooking up assist light switch is the battery/hydraulic compartment! Kinda fun getting to know your RV while trying to locate things!