PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Floor

TheTynman
10-06-2017, 03:44 AM
Hi:
I have a 2016 Keystone Alpine 3510 5th Wheel. The carpeted floor going upstairs squeaks. Any ideas on how to fix that? The dealer said its a huge job and should be brought back to Keystone. I'm thinking there should be an easier solution, hopefully something I can do from under the floor (through the storage area). Any ideas?

chuckster57
10-06-2017, 04:30 AM
Access through the basement is the most common. It may be as simple as tightening a few screws, or may get more involved. Can't really say what the "fix" is until you inspect it.

rhagfo
10-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Our 2005 Copper Canyon the floor in the bath level squeaks a bit also, but is wafer board over a 2" square aluminum framework it really doesn't concern me.

rrjernigan
10-12-2017, 07:28 AM
Had similar issue in 2017 Montana. They did two fixes, neither of which took more than an hour. First section (in a hallway) they pulled up some of the tile (ours was not under carpet), added some screws and put the tile back, fixed that area. Second section was in the bathroom. For this one they added some additional support underneath. That was yesterday but so far no sounds.