PDA

View Full Version : New member here

whitewinghunter
10-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Just wanted to say hello.
We just purchased a 2016 sierra 381rbok.
Wasn't looking at newer campers at the time but hurricane harvey forced our hand.
We live just south of Houston in Friendswood and we got hit pretty hard with flooding.
Everything i own is in a pile on my front lawn.☹️
We lost everything from our house to vehicles to our jayco camper.
We found a good deal on the sierra and purchased it to live in while we rebuild.
5 people and a dog make a 42 ft fifth wheel mighty small.
Will try and contribute when and where I can on the forum.
Mostly just reading y'alls post as I wind down in the evening.
Thanks for having me.
Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busterbrown
10-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Welcome and congrats on the new trailer. Sorry on the loss of your property, cars, trailer and personal possessions from Harvey. Can only imagine what you've been through.

This is predominately a Keystone owners forum but have active members here who own competitor models. I know Forest River has a large member base on their forum too but we're more fun! ;)

Glad your here. Hope things return to normal for your family soon. Again, welcome.

MarcS
10-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the forum from Michigan! Glad to hear you and your family are ok. Congratulations on the new RV.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sourdough
10-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Congrats on the new trailer and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear of your loss. I know it's got to be tough. I've got good friends that were visiting with us when it hit and had to go home to what you found. They too have all their stuff out in the front. Good luck on getting things going again.

LynnGlaze13
10-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Just wanted to say hello.
We just purchased a 2016 sierra 381rbok.
Wasn't looking at newer campers at the time but hurricane harvey forced our hand.
We live just south of Houston in Friendswood and we got hit pretty hard with flooding.
Everything i own is in a pile on my front lawn.☹️
We lost everything from our house to vehicles to our jayco camper.
We found a good deal on the sierra and purchased it to live in while we rebuild.
5 people and a dog make a 42 ft fifth wheel mighty small.
Will try and contribute when and where I can on the forum.
Mostly just reading y'alls post as I wind down in the evening.
Thanks for having me.
Robert

Welcome to the Forums neighbor! :cool:

Sorry to hear about the devastation to your home. :(

chuckster57
10-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the forum and as others have said, sorry for your loss.
No matter what brand of trailer you bought, they are all built with the same things so feel free to ask anything about anything. Lots of good information and loads of great people here.

notanlines
10-06-2017, 02:12 AM
What ^^^^^they all said! RV's are made from about the same parts as Chuckster said. Mainly find the forum where you're comfortable and hang out.

NorskeBob
10-07-2017, 07:42 AM
Sorry for your loss - welcome to the forum from upstate NY.

whitewinghunter
10-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I really enjoy reading forums on trailers and after lurking for a few days it seems you all get along for the most part.[emoji4]

sourdough
10-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Thanks everyone. I really enjoy reading forums on trailers and after lurking for a few days it seems you all get along for the most part.[emoji4]

I think this is about the best RV forum I belong to. We do get along "for the most part", and I would suggest, probably pretty well in fact. Yes, sometimes we do get "snarky":), including myself, but I think we all are just trying to take care of members in our own way. I think everyone on this forum wants to help and wishes the best for every other member - so join on in.

chuckster57
10-07-2017, 06:32 PM
...and after lurking for a few days it seems you all get along for the most part.[emoji4]

We have some good "referees" here.

CrazyCain
10-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Michigan, glad your here!!

:popcorn:

CaptnJohn
10-08-2017, 09:54 PM
I think this is about the best RV forum I belong to. We do get along "for the most part", and I would suggest, probably pretty well in fact. Yes, sometimes we do get "snarky":), including myself, but I think we all are just trying to take care of members in our own way. I think everyone on this forum wants to help and wishes the best for every other member - so join on in.

"snarky"???? You????? :lol:
:hide: