PDA

View Full Version : Camping time is near...

gearhead
10-04-2017, 06:50 AM
My back surgery on Aug 21 went well. Getting close to doing what I want, within reason. Wallowed around on the couch before and after the surgery thinking about what I want to do post surgery.
Summer is about over and it's time for the outdoors.
1) Run the GoDevil mud boat in the Trinity Bay marsh, maybe tomorrow. Flounder & redfish maybe.
2) Pull the Montana out and get it inspected. License plates expired in June and have to have a safety inspection first.
3) Look for source of water leak under the road side slide. Drove through several days of heavy rain in May. Either bottom slide seal or fender well leak?
4) Fish Sabine Lake with bay boat.
5) Get input from the DW about where she would like to take the Montana in a couple weeks. Texas state park?
6) Wash & wax (again) the Montana.
7) Install the hard start capacitors on the Montana & Bigfoot A/C units.
8) Prep Bigfoot for a east Texas woodcock scouting trip.

notanlines
10-04-2017, 09:06 AM
I'm betting ol' Sawbones isn't going to recommend that "wash and wax the Montana" just yet. Might want to see what he or she says.....

Javi
10-04-2017, 09:13 AM
Them drugs will wear off soon enough and you'll do like me... just go camping and leave all the rest of that stuff to the younger folks.. :D

mfifield01
10-04-2017, 09:16 AM
The fall weather in Texas is perfect for camping. I'm heading to Garner SP at the end of the month.

Javi
10-04-2017, 09:30 AM
The fall weather in Texas is perfect for camping. I'm heading to Garner SP at the end of the month.

Yep... We'll be trick or treating in Caprock Canyon SP

gearhead
10-04-2017, 12:14 PM
I had my 4 week follow-up a couple weeks ago with the doc. Told him I was off the dope within 2 weeks. Just taking Tylenol. He asked "what is it you want to do that you aren't doing now"? Told him I want on my boats to fish, and to see if I can find any birds to shoot. Well, no rough water and no shotguns for about a month". Argh. So I'll run the mud boat in the bayous and wait another couple weeks for the bay boat.
I almost told him "I'm gonna potlick that grass bed for flounder at the mouth of the Trinity River, in front of your house" LOL
Maybe a few more weeks before I hit that sunny side of the Montana with wax.
But dang I'm glad to "be back".
Sold the old John Deere lawn mower and bought one of those fancy Gravely zero turns. Can't wait to play on that. DW said our hired lawn crew will cut grass one more time this Friday, then she will let me back at it. Hopefully I don't run it over the top of the levee and end upside down in the river bottom!!
Me and the DW been talking where to go this fall. Somewhere sorta close. We're on a regular schedule for babysitting 2 afternoons a week while the DIL goes to work out. Our son is working 12 hours a day at the new Chevron ethylene plant, he doesn't have time for anything. I can see how these grandkids keep folks close to home.
And the daughter and her hubby are working on a grandbaby.

Tbos
10-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Glad you will be back at it soon. Don't over do it and hurt yourself again, but have fun.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

sourdough
10-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Sounds like you've got lots of fun things lined up; probably daydreamed about all of them while you were laid up:) Get back to it slowly and let yourself adjust. I'm always impatient and have set myself back several times in my life. With this being your back....take it easy.;) All that fun is just sitting out there waiting for you whenever you get to running full tilt. Good luck and be careful.

gearhead
10-04-2017, 06:04 PM
10-4
Thanks for all the good wishes.
DW has me on a short leash. Slow and easy.

pawpaw
10-18-2017, 01:29 PM
10-4
Thanks for all the good wishes.
DW has me on a short leash. Slow and easy.

Hope the back is doing better and don't rush it...hell to get old. I'll be 70 next month but the alternative is much worse!!

gearhead
10-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Getting old IS better than the alternative.
I washed the 5th and waxed the south side last week.
This morning I loaded up the bay boat and drove 1.5 hours to Johnson Bayou LA. to see if the flounder are moving in Sabine Lake. Too much water in the bayou to see the docks at the ramp. Drove back home. I've got the GoDevil mud boat hooked up and ready to go in the morning. I'll try a different spot and fish the marsh.
Might even hook up the Montana and go somewhere, sometime.