PDA

View Full Version : bent axles

Drydays
10-03-2017, 02:27 PM
Is there a forum for bent axles ?? These passports have the cheepest ones, this will be the second set on this unit and I replaced 2 on my previous unit?? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :hide:
Starting to make me upset!

notanlines
10-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Maybe just a little history concerning the original axles and what you replaced them with.....thanks.

texas-traveler
10-03-2017, 03:17 PM
as a previous cedar creek owner, there was an issue with the axles not being arched correctly. this started causing unusual tire wear and a multitude of problems.after several trips. there was a recall a couple of years ago. some units went to a heavier axle also.

Drydays
10-04-2017, 07:06 AM
AH yes what were the originals replaced with? The company says they replaced them with "factory" ones" .They originals were damaged by a bad road in Colorado. Insurance paid the bill. and for the last couple years all was good. Now just the back one is wacky.. This is one a 2013 passport , axles I thought were going to be 5000, but the factory says no , the 3500 are the ones. ?? NO guarantee after 2 years. that is a given.. gerrrrr.

notanlines
10-04-2017, 09:10 AM
There was a similar post just a short time ago under "uneven tire wear" and I recommended the same thing. Take it to a large truck alignment shop and have them take a look. Certainly a small charge to have someone who actually does this kind of thing for a living give you their opinion. Maybe a cheap fix and just a little axle bending in order.

Drydays
10-05-2017, 04:39 PM
I just replaced both axles, at a cost of 500. and I did all the work w/lovely wife.. Not too bad of a job as I am a " mechanically " minded person. I found out a bend back only extends the replacement time...

Lovely wife of 56,,,,,,, going on 57.. years
GO AIR FORCE