PDA

View Full Version : 2016 - 2018 Springdale Summerland recall

dhn
10-03-2017, 07:55 AM
http://www.keystonerv.com/media/7861811/17-299_springdale_summerland_stab_jack_wiring_-_web.pdf

Cqyqte
12-24-2017, 06:44 AM
I received our recall notice near the end of this year's camping season, about one month after our 1 year warranty ran out. In actual fact I had just finished winterizing and placing the trailer into storage. Sure enough our trailer is one affected by the recall and here is the issue. The wires identified by red arrows need to be moved to the lower terminal.

I sent and email to the RV dealer where we bought and confirmed that this indeed is what needs to happen but I am not allowed to simply move the wires and send a picture of the completed task as confirmation. So now I have to find a Keystone dealer along the route to our winter destination to perform this very simple fix. :mad:

Javi
12-24-2017, 07:33 AM
Quite frankly, there is nothing they can do to you... if you make the fix yourself.

I'd make it and go on, then it sometime in the future maybe after I got to where I was going I'd find a dealer and have them look at it.

Javi

B-O-B'03
12-24-2017, 01:34 PM
Quite frankly, there is nothing they can do to you... if you make the fix yourself.

I'd make it and go on, then it sometime in the future maybe after I got to where I was going I'd find a dealer and have them look at it.

Javi

+1

For something that simple, I would do it myself.

It looks to me like what ever those 2 wires feed is not protected by the circuit breaker.

I did the AC recall myself.

-Brian

notanlines
12-25-2017, 04:51 AM
+2 ^^^^ Just what Javi and Brian said. I'm doing this myself if I was involved.

travelin texans
12-25-2017, 08:09 AM
If that's all that's required it would already be done. You're out of warranty so what possible difference would/could it make whether they do it or you? Most dealers would have to see it, send pictures to manufacturer, & then "wait on authorization" which could takes weeks/months.

chuckster57
12-25-2017, 09:54 AM
If that's all that's required it would already be done. You're out of warranty so what possible difference would/could it make whether they do it or you? Most dealers would have to see it, send pictures to manufacturer, & then "wait on authorization" which could takes weeks/months.
On issued recalls all the dealer has to do is fill out a form with the VIN and action taken for reimbursement, no authorization is required. Without looking that recall probably pays .5hr.