PDA

View Full Version : Front Jack Issue?

Vet4jdc
10-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Leaving the campground this afternoon, I ran the front jacks down to hookup the trick. After dropping only a few inches, the motor started working really hard and then started making a popping noise. Sounded like it was struggling to lower the jacks. I have recently pumped some grease into the jack fittings but have never had an issue with them not going down. I was able to get it high enough to hookup and we made it home fine. At home, they seemed to work normal? Any ideas what was happening?

mazboy
10-02-2017, 03:12 AM
can't answer what is going on but i had the same issue some years ago, what a pain.
ended up putting TWO electric motors on the 2 front legs.

montana really wasn't much of a help, they said the legs should be able to lift the trailer.

good luck.
suggest that you go to the 2018 montana rally and while there get with a montana tech, they will help you there.....

SummitPond
10-02-2017, 04:52 AM
... suggest that you go to the 2018 montana rally and while there get with a montana tech, they will help you there...

A bunch of questions: How do you find out about these rallies? What happens at them? Where are they typically held? Is there something similar for Bullets? Thank you.

mtofell
10-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Not sure if the system is the same as my 2016 Hideout but if so whole assembly can be purchased online for a few hundred dollars - motor, both jacks and hardware.

It sounds like you might have a damaged part in the screw gear and the motor had to bog down to "work" through it. You likely won't know if it's a problem until you hit that part of the screw again. It would probably be a good idea to take it apart and visually inspect it. I'm making some assumptions here - one being that it can be taken apart. I've never done that before. You could also just replace the offending side's jack which can be purchased separately from the whole assembly.