PDA

View Full Version : Bed on a deck

DAN d
09-28-2017, 03:51 AM
we have a 2016 cougar 29res love the floor plan but the bed on a deck does keystone have floor plan that eliminate this bed ona deck lay out like to stay under 10k

chuckster57
09-28-2017, 04:54 AM
By bed on a deck, do you mean storage underneath?

If so I can't say I've seen ANY RV without it.

notanlines
09-28-2017, 05:00 AM
Might I ask what is a bed on a deck?

JRTJH
09-28-2017, 06:04 AM
I'm not exactly what you mean by "Bed on a deck" but I think you're referring to the bed in the front of the fifth wheel, installed on a stationary platform with the head of the bed facing the front cap of the trailer, a night stand on one side and a short wardrobe on the other. If so, then all XLite fifth wheels whether they have a wardrobe slide or not, will have this type bed arrangement. The restriction in a "mid height" (under 12' tall) fifth wheel prevents "full headroom" making a bed slide (side oriented bed) not possible. If you go into the trailer, you'll notice that the only "full headroom" is at the foot of the bed and there is about an 11 inch "step-up" that starts at the foot of the bed platform and forward. This platform is the bottom of the front overhang of the trailer frame.

In the "mid height" fifth wheel, there is not enough room to install the side bed slide and maintain any "walk-around" room. To find a side bed slide in a Keystone fifth wheel, you're going to need to go to a "full height" (over 12' tall) fifth wheel. Remember, doing so will likely eliminate the 2,000 pound "weight reduction" that goes along with the "mid height profile".

rhagfo
09-28-2017, 10:13 AM
If the reference to "Bed on a Deck" is just a mattress on the deck, that is the way most RV beds are, the solution if you think the mattress is too hard is just buy a new better mattress.

DAN d
09-28-2017, 12:42 PM
(tx)thanks for replys you ans my question bed on a deck is when you have to step up on a small landing around bed as told only on xlite

rhagfo
09-28-2017, 07:23 PM
(tx)thanks for replys you ans my question bed on a deck is when you have to step up on a small landing around bed as told only on xlite

Well we have our bed on a deck as you describe.
Our 2005 Copper Canyon has a two level master suite bedroom/bathroom. It is a 6" step up to the bed area from the bath area. The bath area has a corner shower and sink vanity, with a closet toilet.
Headroom is 6' 7" in bath area and 6' 1" in bed area, the bed is a standard Queen size on a slideout.
I have no issues with the setup and I am 6' tall.