PDA

View Full Version : Roof vents

The Sod Father
06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Question for 30'+ lightweight trailer owners - how many roof vents do you have? Our Bullet Premier has one roof vent over the galley area and one in the bathroom over the shower. I am surprised they did not include one in the bunk room since it is set up to sleep 3-4 people. These people are going to generate a lot of moisture when they are sleeping and will result in a lot of humidity. The only way to get rid of it is to either run the AC or leave a window cracked open in the winter.

Our Rockwood 8317SS had a vent in the bunk room, one in the bathroom and one in the front bedroom. That made perfect sense since those were areas that generated moisture.

rturriff7
06-18-2011, 11:43 AM
I have a laredo 291 TG and have the same vent config as you do. Wish I had one in the bunkhouse and front bedroom too. Seemed odd to me.

Festus2
06-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Not sure whether installing 1 or perhaps 2 Fan-Tastic Fans would help alleviate the moisture problem in your unit. These fans can move a ton of air when set on high but you wouldn't need them set at that level. If you have two, one could be set on the exhaust mode, the other on intake resulting in a very good flow of air. They are thermostatically controlled, have variable speeds, are fairly quiet on the low settings; and, if desired, can be controlled remotely using this option.
When everyone is asleep, you could set them at a quiet, low level to come on occasionally to get rid of the moisture-laden/stale air in the bunk/bedroom area. You would, of course, have to leave the door to that area open.
I think it would be a better option than having to run your A/C - probably quieter and would draw less as well.
Something to consider???

Whitejack
06-20-2011, 05:12 PM
We have a 31SQB. It has a manual-crank roof vent in the bunk room.

fireballux21
06-28-2011, 11:26 AM
I have the passport 2910BH with just the 2 roof vents. ( kitchen and bath)

With the the rounded front on mine it would be hard to fit a Vent in the Master bedroom but I agree it would be nice in the Bunk room.

I did install a Fantastic fan in the kitchen with remote. ( veritally challenged DW) does wonders for keeping everything cool and dry.

Charli
07-29-2011, 01:15 PM
We have a Cougar XLite 26SAB and it only has 1 vent in the bathroom. It also only has one window in the bedroom and we are finding it a bit stuffy at night. We have asked the dealer to see if its practical to cut a second vent in the bedroom ceiling or alternatively install a Fantastic fan in the bathroom vent. Hopefully one of those options is practical so we can get some air circulation in the bedroom at night

Englishman
08-01-2011, 03:45 PM
The bullet bhs281 has two vents one in the kichen and one in the shower. It also has a sky light over the top bunk bed. Which lets light in first thing in the morning followed by heat. They should change the design so its a vent above the bunks and not window.