PDA

View Full Version : Can you do that?

ctbruce
09-27-2017, 06:21 PM
Well, you may be an Oldie, a Goodie, a Newbie or a badge carrying member of the Weight Police, but for sure you may have questions about how this Forum thing is supposed to work. Well, here's your chance to ask all those questions that have been lurking around in the back of your grey matter. Ask away. This could be a lot of fun or it may go completely bust. Either way, it is a way to have some fun. First and only rule: Play Nice! That's an order.

bsmith0404
09-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Why do people continue to buy Ford Power Strokes even though Ford hasn't gotten a Diesel engine right since the 7.3? :hide:

sourdough
09-28-2017, 05:46 PM
I don't know; this could almost be a catchall instead of using the appropriate categories.

On the other hand, I do have many questions wandering around in the back of my grey matter; why isn't my investment guy making me 20%?? Why are the utilities on my houses so high? Taxes? Is my Ram going to make 100k?

Lots of questions floating around in the background but I'm not sure I should put them out here :angel:

I'm sure there are some questions some will want to ask that don't fit in a category so I'll keep watching...:D Good Luck.

chuckster57
09-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Why do people continue to buy Ford Power Strokes even though Ford hasn't gotten a Diesel engine right since the 7.3? :hide:
Because FORD didnt make any Diesel engines including the 7.3...

Until 2011 when FORD started make the Scorpion engine 6.7L V8.

rhagfo
09-28-2017, 06:38 PM
I don't know; this could almost be a catchall instead of using the appropriate categories.

On the other hand, I do have many questions wandering around in the back of my grey matter; why isn't my investment guy making me 20%?? Why are the utilities on my houses so high? Taxes? Is my Ram going to make 100k?

Lots of questions floating around in the background but I'm not sure I should put them out here :angel:

I'm sure there are some questions some will want to ask that don't fit in a category so I'll keep watching...:D Good Luck.

Sorry can't answer the first two, but currently at 303,000 miles on our 2001 Cummins

Johnny's Journey
09-28-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm sure there are some questions some will want to ask that don't fit in a category so I'll keep watching...:D Good Luck.Where do baby's come from ?

chuckster57
09-28-2017, 07:05 PM
Where do baby's come from ?

Baby's R Us.

Alpine
09-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Why do folks call it a "bumper pull" when more than likely 99.9% are hooked-up by a receiver attached to their "frame" and not the bumper??? Just call it a "travel trailer!" :banghead:

chuckster57
09-28-2017, 07:24 PM
Why do folks call it a "bumper pull" when more than likely 99.9% are hooked-up by a receiver attached to their "frame" and not the bumper??? Just call it a "travel trailer!" :banghead:

And why do people call every RV a Camper?

JRTJH
09-28-2017, 07:27 PM
Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

David T. MacNeill
09-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Ok I have one: Is it cool to post the same questions on this forum and another model-specific RV forum simultaneously?

sourdough
09-28-2017, 08:55 PM
Now...now, we're getting to the fun part I think was thought about on the first post....... I'm wondering why our dermatologist keeps freezing "spots" off my head, ears, arms, hands etc. :eek: - I thought I looked "fabulous":lol: I believe this is RV related because you travel to so many places and meet new folks.....you have to look your "best" - even with all the little spots. Carry on....

ctbruce
09-29-2017, 01:46 AM
Now...now, we're getting to the fun part I think was thought about on the first post....... I'm wondering why our dermatologist keeps freezing "spots" off my head, ears, arms, hands etc. :eek: - I thought I looked "fabulous"[emoji38] I believe this is RV related because you travel to so many places and meet new folks.....you have to look your "best" - even with all the little spots. Carry on....Too much freezer burn can be hazardous to your BUD (Beyond Use Date).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ctbruce
09-29-2017, 01:47 AM
Ok I have one: Is it cool to post the same questions on this forum and another model-specific RV forum simultaneously?Do you mean 2 different places on this forum or on 2 different forums? If the former, no. If the later feel free to post away.

ctbruce
09-29-2017, 01:50 AM
Why do most remarkable incidents start with, "Here. Hold my beer"?

Pull Toy
09-29-2017, 03:11 AM
If your nose runs... and your feet smell... Your built upside down!

Good Luck,

chuckster57
09-29-2017, 04:09 AM
If your nose is running, don't think it's funny 'cause it's not.

Racebug
09-29-2017, 04:20 AM
Sorry can't answer the first two, but currently at 303,000 miles on our 2001 Cummins

my 2001 cummins has 380,000. still runs strong!!! We have had a few 1st gen cummins/rams at work that literally rusted away and still had a great engine with 500,000+ miles.

Desert185
09-29-2017, 04:37 AM
My current Cummins is approaching 332,000. Sounds good, feels good, runs good...especially with the newly installed FASS Titanium. No corrosion (or emissions crap) anywhere.

Why do intelligent people do stupid things? Lack of smarts?

Johnny's Journey
09-29-2017, 05:28 AM
Lack of smarts?Still uncertain?

Johnny's Journey
09-29-2017, 05:29 AM
Do you know the way to San Jose?

fatcatzzz
09-29-2017, 05:35 AM
Why is Iceland green and Greenland icy?

Desert185
09-29-2017, 06:11 AM
Why is Iceland green and Greenland icy?

The Iceland I went to was volcanic black in the summer and white in the winter. Nice people, though, albeit in a depressing way.

ctbruce
09-29-2017, 01:54 PM
Since there is a New Orleans, what happened to the old one?

Scarem
09-29-2017, 02:11 PM
Can I melt dry ice and go swimming without getting wet?
what would a chair look like if your knees bent the other way ?

Pull Toy
09-29-2017, 02:15 PM
O_U_C_H_!_!_!

When my knees even think about going the other way it hurts!

Gegrad
09-29-2017, 03:51 PM
Why does everyone not familiar with RVs think they have to be motorized?

David T. MacNeill
09-29-2017, 04:08 PM
Do you mean 2 different places on this forum or on 2 different forums? If the former, no. If the later feel free to post away.

I meant posting the same question on this forum and on the Montana Owners Club forum. I figured some folks here also post there, so reading or answering the same question twice would be annoying.

Steve/
09-29-2017, 04:10 PM
When looking for a camp site what the length of your rig? The box size of trailer, the rear bumper of trailer to hitch or rear bumper of trailer to front of TV.
None of the above it will fit there.

ctbruce
09-29-2017, 04:16 PM
I meant posting the same question on this forum and on the Montana Owners Club forum. I figured some folks here also post there, so reading or answering the same question twice would be annoying.[emoji106]

David T. MacNeill
09-29-2017, 04:18 PM
When looking for a camp site what the length of your rig? The box size of trailer, the rear bumper of trailer to hitch or rear bumper of trailer to front of TV.

When I reserve a space I tell them we have a 33ft fifth wheel with a total rig length of 50ft and, of course, it MUST be a pull through.

Johnny's Journey
09-29-2017, 05:30 PM
Baby's R Us.Wasn't Toy's R Us first?

chuckster57
09-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Wasn't Toy's R Us first?

You do have to play "the game"....

Johnny's Journey
09-29-2017, 05:50 PM
"the game"....Movie staring Michael Douglas.

chuckster57
09-29-2017, 05:54 PM
Movie staring Michael Douglas.
Think he used his basic instinct?

Johnny's Journey
09-29-2017, 05:56 PM
Think he used his basic instinct?Paranoia, Anxiety, Fear

Tbos
09-29-2017, 06:03 PM
The Iceland I went to was volcanic black in the summer and white in the winter. Nice people, though, albeit in a depressing way.

Spent 30 months in Iceland. I always believed the Vikings named them that way on purpose. If you went to Greenland and saw nothing but Ice why would you ever want to go to Iceland?

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

chuckster57
09-29-2017, 06:45 PM
Paranoia, Anxiety, Fear

That he learned on the streets of San Francisco.

Desert185
09-29-2017, 08:03 PM
Spent 30 months in Iceland. I always believers the Vikings named them that way on purpose. If you went to Greenland and saw nothing but Ice why would you ever want to go to Iceland?

In my case, the job. Reykjavik and Keflavik.

Alpine
09-29-2017, 08:55 PM
Why do folks call it a "Hot water heater?" When it is actually a "Cold water heater!"

notanlines
09-30-2017, 03:02 AM
Michael Douglas learned all he knows in Fatal Attraction. Hence, Babies Are Us.
And if anyone brings up the "triple tow, double tow" thing I believe I'll scream.

ctbruce
09-30-2017, 03:17 AM
How are those toilet bowl liners coming?

Tbos
09-30-2017, 04:27 AM
In my case, the job. Reykjavik and Keflavik.

That's where I spent my time too. My Mom came to visit in May once and in a week saw all 4seasons. Of course summer only has an occasional high in the low 60s. Tent camping was fun there as long as you stayed away from places that had bushes. The biting flies like the bushes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Movin' on
09-30-2017, 06:16 AM
[QUOTE=notanlines;258147
And if anyone brings up the "triple tow, double tow" thing I believe I'll scream.[/QUOTE]

Since you brought that up............:D:D:D

Johnny's Journey
09-30-2017, 07:42 AM
Michael Douglas learned all he knows in Fatal Attraction."Is that your final answer?"

flybouy
09-30-2017, 08:31 AM
.[QUOTE=Movin' on;258183]Since you brought that up............:D:D:D
As a certified member of the weight police I believe that would bust your CGVW:nonono: Unless of course you are using a diesel 1 ton TV that's a Ford, or was that Dodge or GM? Maybe that should have been a gasser 3/4 ton. I forget, anyway the important thing is that's it's a Fiver, or was that a TT, or was that a toy hauler? And it's absolutely essential that the unit is riding on Maxis, Salium, Carslis, Goodyears?:confused: Oh, and it MUST have a 50 amp connection for 2, 3, whatever ac units. And how many batteries was that? Was that 6 or 12 volt batteries? So many decisions!:banghead: Problem is, not enough folks on here are passionate enough about their opinions.:rolleyes:

I think we should open the floor for further debate on the unanswered age old questions... Coke or Pepsi? Plain or peanut M&M's? Cable or dish? Dry camp or CG? Cloth or disposable diapers? Disposable plates or wash plates? Microwave or over the fire popcorn?:popcorn:

Seriously, I love the varied opinions and the absolute wealth of knowledge that's found in the majority of the responses to questions and opinions posted on this forum. :thumbsup:

chuckster57
09-30-2017, 11:22 AM
"Is that your final answer?"

Locked in.

notanlines
09-30-2017, 11:32 AM
If the opportunity to have affair (I'm not saying you would) would you choose Glenn Close or Karl Malden? Although in the movie he was happily married to a steamy Anne somebody or other. In that case I'd leave Glenn Close alone!

Johnny's Journey
09-30-2017, 11:41 AM
Since there is a New Orleans, what happened to the old one?The French know

ctbruce
09-30-2017, 12:35 PM
Diet Pepsi in a bottle and diet Coke draught. Not sure why, just works that way.

madmaxmutt
09-30-2017, 05:17 PM
Is there a veteran's thread on here?

Johnny's Journey
09-30-2017, 08:06 PM
Coke or Pepsi? Plain or peanut M&M's? Cable or dish? Dry camp or CG? Cloth or disposable diapers?RC, Plain, Rabbit Ears, Either and I don't mean diapers.

Tbos
10-01-2017, 11:55 AM

From what I've seen there isn't one. However, many of us are Veterans and have mentioned our service at one point or another.

JRTJH
10-01-2017, 01:29 PM

From what I've seen there isn't one. However, many of us are Veterans and have mentioned our service at one point or another.

There is not a "Veteran's Social Group" on this forum, however if anyone is interested in starting one, all you'd need to do is click on the "COMMUNITY" tab in the header bar on any forum webpage, a menu will open, select "SOCIAL GROUPS", a list of social groups will open. At the bottom of that page, click on "START A NEW GROUP".

Or, go here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/group.php

SummitPond
10-01-2017, 03:57 PM
... but for sure you may have questions about how this Forum thing is supposed to work. ...

Question regarding the forum: On the profile there is a "friends" tab. What is this for exactly? What does being a "friend" mean? I do not participate in FaceBook or any of the other social/business media sites so I am somewhat of a troglodyte when it comes to these things. Thanks!

chuckster57
10-01-2017, 04:06 PM
X2 no Facebook.

Friends are listed on your profile page. If you click on one it will take you to that members profile page. You can leave a visitor message (can be viewed by everybody) and click on the various tabs above that for more information.

You do have to request friend status and accept friend requests if you feel like it. I can send you a friend request so you can see how it works..who knows we may even become friends.

SummitPond
10-02-2017, 04:49 AM
X2 no Facebook.

Friends are listed on your profile page. If you click on one it will take you to that members profile page. You can leave a visitor message (can be viewed by everybody) and click on the various tabs above that for more information.

You do have to request friend status and accept friend requests if you feel like it. I can send you a friend request so you can see how it works..who knows we may even become friends.

Chuckster, Thank you for the offer; that would be great. I'm typically hesitant to try something out that I don't know what it does or how it works.

Many moons ago I was a programmer (FORTRAN) but I never got into using most of these fancy new communication methods available on these "portable computers" that masquerade as phones. For years I avoided getting a phone that was smarter than me! (In fact for years I avoided getting a cellular phone at all; I left that to the DW). It is interesting that my adult nieces and nephews don't "talk" with us by phone - we must text them - they'll respond to that. And I need them to show me what to do the first time with many things on the phone! Makes me feel like a technological troglodyte sometimes.

chuckster57
10-02-2017, 04:56 AM
Will do. I remember Fortran and cobol (sp) and taking a class making punch cards. Never liked "sitting at a desk" so I didn't look at it as a career path.

Friend request will be sent when I get to my iPad.

flybouy
10-02-2017, 07:05 AM
Will do. I remember Fortran and cobol (sp) and taking a class making punch cards. Never liked "sitting at a desk" so I didn't look at it as a career path.

Friend request will be sent when I get to my iPad.

Wow, showing my age as I had classes in both languages with 80 column punch cards in collage as well. I played with Fortran into the floppy disk era. The last version I used I believe was Fortran 87.

the sodfather
10-03-2017, 03:40 PM
What's the trick for using "Search"? It always comes up with...

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

sourdough
10-03-2017, 04:15 PM

The only thing I've found is to keep trying different words/phrases until something catches.....then if not, ask:flowers:

ctbruce
10-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Short, 1-2 words without quotation marks. More words with, but that makes it so the phrase has to be exact.

madmaxmutt
10-03-2017, 05:11 PM

You can just use google like this site:keystoneforums.com black tank flush

Hope this helps.

SAABDOCTOR
10-04-2017, 06:16 AM
And why are they called Apartments when they are all together? And chuckster Well played on the 7.3:whistling:

SummitPond
10-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Wow, showing my age as I had classes in both languages with 80 column punch cards in collage as well. I played with Fortran into the floppy disk era. The last version I used I believe was Fortran 87.

I have a photo somewhere of when my department finally terminated the lease on the card punch/interpreter. My first version of FORTRAN was F2 on an IBM 1800 (it had "massive" storage capacity: 64K bytes core and 5 MB interchangable hard disks; this unit did not have a tape drive). I never got past F77; I suspect the computer priests decided not to install it (or maybe we had moved on to smaller platforms: Prime, DEC Alpha, IBM RS6000 and a box running HPUX).

Johnny's Journey
10-04-2017, 05:11 PM
And why are they called ApartmentsItalians always see things differently or is that us? I guess it's a separation of thought between the two sides.

John&Genny
10-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Why in the hell do they call my Avalanche a 5th Wheel? My truck has four wheels, so the whole trailer is going down the road on only one wheel? No, it has 4 more wheels. So in reality, it should be called an 8th wheel? :)

notanlines
10-06-2017, 04:53 AM
America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to
fight for democracy and people who won't cross the street to vote.

chuckster57
10-06-2017, 04:59 AM
America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to

fight for democracy and people who won't cross the street to vote.

So true...So sad

Johnny's Journey
10-06-2017, 05:33 AM
Then why did the chicken cross the road?

notanlines
10-06-2017, 05:44 AM
Johnny, I think it was to have a "knock-down, drag-out" with those Italians you talked about earlier; probably over the chicken pizza recipe.

chuckster57
10-06-2017, 06:34 AM
And I thought it was to put the decals on for the tank drains.

rhagfo
10-06-2017, 06:56 AM
When I reserve a space I tell them we have a 33ft fifth wheel with a total rig length of 50ft and, of course, it MUST be a pull through.

Maybe you should learn to backup. Empty parking lots on weekends are great for this. Some day you will be forced to backup, good to have the skill before hand.

captcolour
10-07-2017, 05:34 AM
I think we should open the floor for further debate on the unanswered age old questions... Coke or Pepsi?

So when you go to a restaurant and order Diet Coke, and they say is Diet Pepsi OK, when you say "No!", will they run to the 7-11 and get you a Diet Coke?

captcolour
10-07-2017, 05:39 AM
I have a photo somewhere of when my department finally terminated the lease on the card punch/interpreter. My first version of FORTRAN was F2 on an IBM 1800 (it had "massive" storage capacity: 64K bytes core and 5 MB interchangable hard disks; this unit did not have a tape drive). I never got past F77; I suspect the computer priests decided not to install it (or maybe we had moved on to smaller platforms: Prime, DEC Alpha, IBM RS6000 and a box running HPUX).

In the late 70's while in college and taking fluid dynamics I think, instead of hand calculating plots to determine temperature and pressure distribution within distillation columns, I wrote a Fortran program to do the calculation and print out contour plots showing the individual plates within the column. Had to use punch cards of course. Instructor didn't like the approach and said that computer plots are not accurate enough! I should have quit school and sold the program.

Javi
10-07-2017, 06:05 AM
In the late 70's while in college and taking fluid dynamics I think, instead of hand calculating plots to determine temperature and pressure distribution within distillation columns, I wrote a Fortran program to do the calculation and print out contour plots showing the individual plates within the column. Had to use punch cards of course. Instructor didn't like the approach and said that computer plots are not accurate enough! I should have quit school and sold the program.I still remember how proud I was of my first portable calculator... it ran on eight D-cells. I was so disappointed when the professor said we couldn't use them in class. His comment was REAL engineers use slide rules.

Javi

ctbruce
10-07-2017, 06:08 AM
So when you go to a restaurant and order Diet Coke, and they say is Diet Pepsi OK, when you say "No!", will they run to the 7-11 and get you a Diet Coke?I have asked them to in the past. So far, no takers. Darn millenials.

flybouy
10-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Depends on if the chicken or the egg got there first.

Johnny's Journey
10-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Who was first?

notanlines
10-07-2017, 08:32 AM
All you health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in
the hospital, dying of nothing.
Although from the recipes I've seen y'all post I don't believe there are many of you.....:eek:

JRTJH
10-07-2017, 08:38 AM
I still remember how proud I was of my first portable calculator... it ran on eight D-cells. I was so disappointed when the professor said we couldn't use them in class. His comment was REAL engineers use slide rules.

Javi

Texas Instruments 1200 ??? The only functions were add, subtract, multiply and divide with a single memory and a red display. Those 8 batteries would last for about 2 hours and they were "dead'......

Johnny's Journey
10-07-2017, 08:38 AM
All you health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.
Let play Jeopardy! What is "It is better to burn out than fade away"

ctbruce
10-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Let play Jeopardy! What is "It is better to burn out than fade away"What is striving for significance?

Johnny's Journey
10-07-2017, 08:59 AM
What is striving for significance? Hoping to receive a bed pan before it's to late.

notanlines
10-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Did someone call for one of my commode liners?

chuckster57
10-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Let play Jeopardy! What is "It is better to burn out than fade away"

What is "growing old" ( in the form of a question) :)

vampress_me
10-07-2017, 11:40 AM
So when you go to a restaurant and order Diet Coke, and they say is Diet Pepsi OK, when you say "No!", will they run to the 7-11 and get you a Diet Coke?

Nope! And when you ask if they have Coke or Pepsi and they say Coke, about 65% of the time they will laugh when you ask for water instead.

And can someone explain why I can back our 4 horse gooseneck trailer up into the parking spot easier than the 5th wheel? And also, is it really easier with no one giving me directions, or is it just my imangination?

Johnny's Journey
10-07-2017, 11:57 AM
What is "growing old" ( in the form of a question) :)What is a period of life lamenting over what is an illusion?

Desert185
10-07-2017, 11:59 AM
I still remember how proud I was of my first portable calculator... it ran on eight D-cells. I was so disappointed when the professor said we couldn't use them in class. His comment was REAL engineers use slide rules.

Javi

Worked for Boeing with the 747. That airplane is an aerodynamic masterpiece. If they had used a computer, the airplane might have performed like an Airbus. :cool::angel:

Javi
10-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Nope! And when you ask if they have Coke or Pepsi and they say Coke, about 65% of the time they will laugh when you ask for water instead.

And can someone explain why I can back our 4 horse gooseneck trailer up into the parking spot easier than the 5th wheel? And also, is it really easier with no one giving me directions, or is it just my imangination?Seriously the part about backing the trailers is all about the swing... axle placement...

Javi

Desert185
10-07-2017, 12:02 PM

And can someone explain why I can back our 4 horse gooseneck trailer up into the parking spot easier than the 5th wheel? And also, is it really easier with no one giving me directions, or is it just my imangination?

More horsepower is always better.:cool:

Johnny's Journey
10-07-2017, 03:18 PM
is it really easier with no one giving me directions, or is it just my imangination?No it's not. Their zig causes our zag.

CrazyCain
10-08-2017, 03:25 AM
:confused:
Why do you see only one shoe on the side of the Highway!

chuckster57
10-08-2017, 05:07 AM
Because the chicken was pecking at it as it crossed the road.

Johnny's Journey
10-08-2017, 07:13 AM
:confused:
Why do you see only one shoe on the side of the Highway!I'll read you the story of Cinderella some day.

chuckster57
10-08-2017, 07:21 AM
I'll read you the story of Cinderella some day.

Didn't her RV suffer poor construction?

Johnny's Journey
10-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Didn't her RV suffer poor construction?I tried calling to find out. She won't answer.

chuckster57
10-08-2017, 07:36 AM
I tried calling to find out. She won't answer.
Rats!!

I really wanted to know

ctbruce
10-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Lefty Lucy, Righty Tighty. What are Upsie and Downsie?

Johnny's Journey
10-08-2017, 07:44 AM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using TapatalkI'll need a singed note from your parents before I explain.

xrated
10-08-2017, 07:45 AM
I have to admit, this is the weirdest thread I've ever seen on this forum......so my little contribution.....from memory of course....

Crest has been shown to be an effective decay preventative dentifrice when used in a conscientiously applied program of oral hygiene and regular professional care

The American Counsel of Dental Therapeutics....American Dental Association!

Hey, I had to have something to read while I was brushing my teeth!

chuckster57
10-08-2017, 07:47 AM
maybe the weirdest, but most likely the longest "non RV" thread to date.

and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it :cool:

Johnny's Journey
10-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Would Cheech and Chong have a travel trailer or a tiny house?

ctbruce
10-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Probably a tiny house, so Santa Cleese, the man with the boney knees.....could come down the chimney.

Desert185
10-08-2017, 09:24 AM

The AK compensator is lefty-tighty. Russians...

Johnny's Journey
10-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Probably a tiny house, so Santa Cleese, the man with the boney knees.....could come down the chimney.John Cleese would be more likely to appear.

Desert185
10-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Not only can I, I do.

As I get older, I realize:

#1 - I talk to myself,​ ​because there are times I need expert advice.

#2 - I consider "On Trend" to be the clothes that still​ ​fit.

#3 - I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me​ ​off.

#4 - My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that​ ​needs work.

#5 - The biggest lie I tell myself is, "I don't need to write that​ ​down. I'll remember it."

#6 - I have days when my life is just a tent away from a circus.

#7 - These days, "on time" is when I get there.

#8 - Even duct tape can't fix stupid - but it sure does muffle the sound.

#9 - Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the​ ​dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?

#10 - Lately, I've noticed people my age are so much older than me.

#11 - "Getting lucky" means walking into a roomand remembering why I'm there.

#12 - When I was a child, I thought nap time was punishment. Now it​ ​f​​​​eels like a mini vacation.

#13 - Some days I have no idea what I'm doing out of bed.

#14 - I thought growing old would take longer.

#15 - Aging sure has slowed me down, but it hasn't shut me up..

#16 - I still haven't learned to act my age.

Have A Great Day

ctbruce
10-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Not only can I, I do.

#4 - My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that​ ​needs work.

#5 - The biggest lie I tell myself is, "I don't need to write that​ ​down. I'll remember it."

#9 - Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the​ ​dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?

#12 - When I was a child, I thought nap time was punishment. Now it​ ​f​​​​eels like a mini vacation.

Have A Great Day[emoji106]

cardinal96ss
10-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Why do people use investment counselors? If those folks were really good, they would be rich and RV-ing full time instead of working.

Dave W
10-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Are you aware if this?
Statistics show that in 1940 each car on the road had an average of 2.2 persons; in 1999 it was 1.4. At this rate, by 2020 every third car on the road will be empty.

also, and since many of us are retired: The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.

sourdough
10-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Not only can I, I do.

Have A Great Day

LOL!! Has someone been following me around? Seems like I live all of those on a daily basis!! :lol: Thanks!

Johnny's Journey
10-12-2017, 05:02 PM
To the ladies out there. Buddy Love or Julius Kelp?

chuckster57
10-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Would you attend the funeral of someone that didn't attend yours?

Johnny's Journey
10-13-2017, 05:21 AM
Would you attend the funeral of someone that didn't attend yours?
In spirit sure.

Johnny's Journey
10-16-2017, 07:23 PM
Thread dead Fred?

Dave W
10-19-2017, 03:39 AM
If you see a truck pulling a trailer that's labeled helium how is it kept from floating? We encountered one last week and 'assumed'that it was empty.

ctbruce
10-19-2017, 04:04 AM
I always wondered what it was like being the first nitroglycerin delivery driver?

notanlines
10-19-2017, 04:04 AM
Dave, for Pete's sake! Don't you remember the Armstrong Tire commercial?
"They grrrrrrrip the road!" :facepalm:

Dave W
10-19-2017, 01:02 PM
I always wondered what it was like being the first nitroglycerin delivery driver?

My mother told me that she had an uncle in West Va. that drove one of them for a (very) short while ........

Dave, for Pete's sake! Don't you remember the Armstrong Tire commercial?
"They grrrrrrrip the road!" :facepalm:

Dang but you must be as old (or more so) then me!!!

Then there was that semi dog legging it with a broken trailer along almost two full lanes of I-81 and I-84 in PA today that was holding up traffic for miles. He did that!!

notanlines
10-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Armstrong Tire was purchased by Pirelli Tire in 1989. And yes, I am old most days. Just got back from a trip to northern Newfoundland with DW and the pooch, 6,040 miles. It reminded me that I am 69 years old. (Yes, on the Roadking)

Dave W
10-19-2017, 04:28 PM
Armstrong Tire was purchased by Pirelli Tire in 1989. And yes, I am old most days. Just got back from a trip to northern Newfoundland with DW and the pooch, 6,040 miles. It reminded me that I am 69 years old. (Yes, on the Roadking)

Younker - not quite as ancient as I have gotten but .....

No experience with Pirelli tires so far but had Armstrong rhinos way back in the day.

Not made it that far North but have 'done' Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia/Cape Breton as well as New Brunswick (actually was in NB last month again as a part of running up the Maine Coast with the 5er).

flybouy
10-20-2017, 02:39 AM

It was most likely a BLAST!:lol:

madmaxmutt
10-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Just checking in with the weight police to see if I will be safe with this combo?
Outback 250URS

Pulled by . . .

I think I am just under.

notanlines
10-31-2017, 02:18 AM
MadMax, I don't see a problem if you simply tow with the rear slide completely extended. All heavy cargo (Yes, DW included):lol: should be moved to the extended slide (not the LP bottles) and that way you'll be close to negative tongue weight.

madmaxmutt
10-31-2017, 03:55 AM
MadMax, I don't see a problem if you simply tow with the rear slide completely extended. All heavy cargo (Yes, DW included):lol: should be moved to the extended slide (not the LP bottles) and that way you'll be close to negative tongue weight.

Notanlines, Sage advice indeed!

Tbos
10-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Just checking in with the weight police to see if I will be safe with this combo?

Outback 250URS

Pulled by . . .

I think I am just under.

You don't fool us. You just wanted another excuse to show off that beautiful new truck of yours. [emoji106]

madmaxmutt
10-31-2017, 06:08 PM
You don't fool us. You just wanted another excuse to show off that beautiful new truck of yours. [emoji106]

It's posiboool, it's posiboool . . .

Johnny's Journey
10-31-2017, 08:52 PM
^^^^^ Antonia of Mad TV

IHnutz
11-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Then why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the racoon and opossum that it could be done!!! :D :eek: :hide:

IHnutz
11-02-2017, 02:31 PM
If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?

madmaxmutt
11-02-2017, 03:14 PM
^^^^^ Antonia of Mad TV

Probably Muskie Muskrat or Possible Possum waayyyyy before that :)

JRTJH
01-21-2018, 08:57 AM

There is not a "Veteran's Social Group" on this forum, however if anyone is interested in starting one, all you'd need to do is click on the "COMMUNITY" tab in the header bar on any forum webpage, a menu will open, select "SOCIAL GROUPS", a list of social groups will open. At the bottom of that page, click on "START A NEW GROUP".

Or, go here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/group.php

NOTICE: I just found out that madmaxmutt has created a veteran's social group in that section of the forum. Anyone who is interested in joining the group of reading the comments from members of the group can do so at: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/group.php?groupid=79

Enjoy if you're interested. Membership is free (just like this forum) and open to all members.