PDA

View Full Version : the annual question of winter storage of tires

CrazyCain
09-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Been reading for days on here and everywhere and have not got a satisfying answer, just more confusion.. So here it goes, I keep my trailer on a cement pad at the storage CG Up North Michigan during thewinter Last year i just parked it on the bare cement and covered the OEM tires with Black tire covers. SO here is the annual question: Put tires on wood? Cover tires white or black?? what what shall i do! :banghead: Enough confusion to join my "Trailer spirits" this winter in the trailer for a nip or two!!!

Note: I bought new tires in the spring so dont know how OEM'S held out during the winter..

:popcorn::popcorn:
:hide:
:confused:
:eek::bow:

buzzcop63
09-26-2017, 02:50 PM
First tire set were OEM D rated Power Kings, not exactly noted for their high quality. I kept the tires covered and the unit parked in a storage lot in Beaverton OR on asphalt as well as keeping the PSI 10% over the stock 65psi during the winter. Our weather is a lot of rain and we had a few heavy snowstorms, like 8", which hung around for a couple of weeks. After 6 years I put on the new Goodyear Endurance E rated tires, the old OEM tires looked perfect and maintained pressure, these tires had a lot of reserve load capacity vs the weight of my trailer, which is why I believe they gave me no problems.

bsmith0404
09-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Check out this article, it should help with some of your questions. https://www.google.com/amp/www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/tips/amp24493/flat-spotting-and-you-how-to-store-your-tires-this-winter/