PDA

View Full Version : Side Entry Door Window Cover?

06-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Hi, all my windows have shades except the entry door window. Their is only 1/2 to 3/4 inch clearance between side entry door and the screen door. What are others doing to cover that window at night to keep people from seeing in. My window dimentions are 13 1/2 by 37 1/2 so the standard 16 by 24 solar foil one doesn't quite fit. Thinking about just using velcro to attach somthing over it.

Thanks, Chris

Festus2
06-14-2011, 07:05 AM
My wife made a cover for the skylight in the shower out of darker fabric and then attached it to the ceiling using Velcro. Keeps the bright light out of the bedroom area in the morning. You might try the same thing over your entry window. I haven't seen any entry door windows that are made with clear glass. All that I have seen are frosted/translucent and you can't see in or out. Seems strange that people can see in through yours.

06-14-2011, 08:07 AM
My entry door windows are very dark and not frosted like most. You cannot see in through them very good during the day, however if you have lights on at night you can see in fairly well. I have a 2012 toy hauler with two side doors and both doors are the same way. I do like the looks of them, and your are correct, most RV's that I have seen, including my previous 5er, have had the frosted windows.

cpaulsen
06-15-2011, 01:05 AM
I put a clear glass in my older 5ver when we had it and just used a small cutain which was mad and attached it with Velcro.....worked great!!

Jim W
06-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Hi, We use these when needed. Usually when grand kids sleep over in the camper and when in storage. "Reflective Door Window Cover - Solar Door Shade"
http://tweetys.com/search.aspx?find=window+shades

Jim W.

STEINER
06-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Buy ruber suction hook's at the dollar store or box store make a rod the size of the window and place curtin on rod and put the rod on the hook after putting on window, will hold the curtin in the hook's the suction will hold on the glass of the window and can be removed without damage, good luck:::

Me.Bikes.Dogs
06-15-2011, 02:31 PM
You can put frosted window film (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=frosted+window+film&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15000218641064081484&sa=X&ei=kzL5TY_SCcOCgAeJr9DzCw&ved=0CGIQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers) in the window then you don't need a curtain.