PDA

View Full Version : Motorized dollies

Cardcathrn
09-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Anyone ever use the dollies to park? We have a long driveway that slopes downhill to garage. Also tilts to side. Challenging to back in and angle well. And leveling? Forget that challenge. Was considering something like the Parkit 360. I have a 36ft cougar 30rli about 8000#

chuckster57
09-23-2017, 01:01 PM
WOW!! you would need the 10K model. It doesn't state how much incline it will push, and at $1350.00 Id learn how to back in with the TV.

Pull Toy
09-23-2017, 01:11 PM
+1 for Chuckster...

G-D help you if that trailer ever got away from you with no real reliable braking power to speak of.

Good Luck,

Cardcathrn
09-23-2017, 01:45 PM
I guess it was hopeful dreaming! Hubbie is parking it ok, just stressful to line everything up. 100 ft driveway. I was looking for an easy way

Pull Toy
09-23-2017, 06:55 PM
WELCOME from Connecticut!

With a little practice and a "spotter", it's amazing what you can do. It's an acquired skill that we've all had to learn, but once learned, it gives you the confidence to do it anywhere.

Try practicing in an open parking lot, using empty milk jugs for pylons to lay out a course, When you run one over... no harm done, just drink more milk! LOL!

Good Luck,

JRTJH
09-23-2017, 07:15 PM
I guess it was hopeful dreaming! Hubbie is parking it ok, just stressful to line everything up. 100 ft driveway. I was looking for an easy way

There are a couple of schools of thought. One is that having a 100 ft driveway to make corrections simplifies the process. Imagine trying to park a 30' trailer in a 32' space.... Consider the "luxuries you can enjoy" and be thankful that you've got such a long driveway to "make adjustments"..... It does get easier with every time you park.

Tinner12002
09-24-2017, 02:59 AM
+1 for Chuckster...

G-D help you if that trailer ever got away from you with no real reliable braking power to speak of.

Good Luck,

Wow! That's what I was thinking also...disaster waiting to happen!

fatcatzzz
09-24-2017, 04:58 AM
WOW!! you would need the 10K model. It doesn't state how much incline it will push, and at $1350.00 Id learn how to back in with the TV.

:thumbsup:

SummitPond
09-24-2017, 06:38 AM
I checked your profile and don't see your TV, but have you considered a hitch on the front to push the TT versus backing it in? I have a long wheel base on my TV and a relatively short span between the hitch and the axles on my TT, so backing is quite a challenge for me. I put a Reese hitch receiver on the front of my TV and when necessary, turn the truck around and push the trailer where I want it. I still need guidance from someone (typically my DW via walkie talkie) as I can't see the end of the trailer, but it works like a champ. It was relatively inexpensive, too - something like $177 a few years ago, and I've seen it on Amazon for less these days. I installed it with the help of a neighbor in about an hour.

Cardcathrn
09-24-2017, 06:36 PM
We have a 2015 chevy Silverado 1500

sbrown_in_Auburn
12-21-2018, 10:01 PM
I have a Parkit and absolutely love it. My issue wasn't slope...it was strictly space. I only have inches to spare (left to right) between the side of my garage and the fence on the side of my property. I have backed it in and pulled it out with my truck a few times but it was tight and stressful! It would take at least 45+ minutes each time. I save time with the Parkit (but not much time)...but it's a lot less stressful. I can also maneuver the trailer without a spotter because I'm moving slower and can easily walk around and check everything.

Fishsizzle
12-26-2018, 04:12 AM
I have a Parkit and absolutely love it. My issue wasn't slope...it was strictly space. I only have inches to spare (left to right) between the side of my garage and the fence on the side of my property. I have backed it in and pulled it out with my truck a few times but it was tight and stressful! It would take at least 45+ minutes each time. I save time with the Parkit (but not much time)...but it's a lot less stressful. I can also maneuver the trailer without a spotter because I'm moving slower and can easily walk around and check everything.

Thanks for info on what the OP was after. Good to know they work.

Jseitz
01-21-2019, 06:23 PM
I have a parkit360 10,000 and it has plenty of power for my cougar 29. One issue I have is the way the ball connects to the trailer hitch. You need three hands to get it right. I gave up on the ball and use the jack stand post which sets in the ball shaft. This method is much easier and more stable. Parkit website has a lot of instruction videos and their help desk is pretty good too. Good luck!