PDA

View Full Version : hot water relief valve

cvin
09-19-2017, 06:35 PM
noticed today the relief valve on the water heater was leaking

bought a new one but was reading the manual for the rv and it says this is normal and does not neccesarily mean the valve is bad

did some searches on the internet and get some that say replace it and some that say do not...

undecided on what to do here

what is the general consensus?

mine has the suburban water heater in it

Javi
09-19-2017, 06:47 PM
noticed today the relief valve on the water heater was leaking

bought a new one but was reading the manual for the rv and it says this is normal and does not neccesarily mean the valve is bad

did some searches on the internet and get some that say replace it and some that say do not...

undecided on what to do here

what is the general consensus?

mine has the suburban water heater in itMine leaks when there is not enough air in the tank to control the expansion of the water during heating. When that happens, I drain the water then open the faucet farthest from the tank and let the tank fill until water comes out the faucet. Shut off faucet and we're ready to go again

Javi

cvin
09-19-2017, 06:53 PM
ok, i am planning to go ahead and replace the anode tomorrow and will follow the steps to keep some air in it

thanks for the info

since i run 70% of the time off the water pump boondocking what causes air to get out of the system?

BuxCamper
09-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Assuming the relief valve is not faulty the air slowly dissolves into the water. Since I drain my HWH at the end of each season I do not see the headspace running out.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk