PDA

View Full Version : Dual pane window leaking

Justus2
09-18-2017, 06:26 PM
Its been a while since I've reached out for help.
Got my black tank valve fixed and we're all good, now its just about time to shut things down for the season (water goes off on 10/1/17).

We've got a 2014 Alpine 3010RE and paid extra for the dual pane windows.
Love the darn things, but I've noticed the emergency window in the living room (by the chairs not the couch) seems to have moisture in it. Its partially foggy. Initially I thought it was the outside or inside glass but its in-between the two layers of glass.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thank you!

JRTJH
09-18-2017, 07:21 PM
I believe Kinrow (Lippert) made the dual pane windows. I don't have any idea how long the warranty is on them. Some of the Andersen windows in our house have a lifetime warranty against leakage between the panes. I'm sure Lippert doesn't do that, but they may have a 5 year or 10 year warranty... I'd go to the Lippert website and get the Customer Service phone number and give them a call. If that doesn't pan out, most window companies (glass companies) have the ability to disassemble, reseal, purge and reassemble dual pane units. You might want to touch base with a local glass company to see what they recommend. Heck, they might be able to fix it for you right there in their shop..... Let us know how it turns out, it'll help others who may have the same problem "next year"..... :)

theeyres
09-18-2017, 08:20 PM
I would contact a dealer or Lippert to see about warranty. However, if I understand it correctly, dual pane RV windows are not thermopane like home windows. They are not sealed with an inert gas but simply two panes with air in between. Home window sealing would simply not last with movement of an RV.