PDA

View Full Version : Tanks Mislabeled?? 28rbs

Rensch51
09-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Hello all. I have bought a new 28 rbh cougar x lite. When dumping the tanks the label for the black tank is close to in line with the front door of the trailer. Just behind the kitchen sink. When this valve is pulled the black tank does not drain. There are two more valves directly under the bathroom that do drain the blank tank. My question is are the labels in the wrong place or am I missing something? This is my first trailer so any advise would be helpful? Should I fill all the tanks and drain the mm one at a. Time to see what valve drains each tank?

Tbos
09-15-2017, 05:12 PM
I don't have your model but I've heard it's not uncommon for the labels to be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chuckster57
09-15-2017, 05:41 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Filling the tanks one at a time is how we verify what's what. Then draining them one at a time verifies which label is which. Trust me when I say that the decal workers work all the different plants in Indiana because Keystone doesn't have exclusive rights on mislabeled stuff :eek:

ncgrl1
09-16-2017, 05:38 AM
They labeled mine wrong also. I didn't want to ever dump the black tank into my blue tote, but so much for that!. The first time out, that's exactly what happened. I think they must get a kick out of doing that. It's the second new Cougar we have bought, and both came that way. Live and learn I guess...

notanlines
09-16-2017, 10:27 AM
It doesn't say much for the men and women conducting the walk-thru who didn't catch this on new units either.....

chuckster57
09-16-2017, 02:45 PM
It doesn't say much for the men and women conducting the walk-thru who didn't catch this on new units either.....

I would agree, except I only fill the tanks at PDI to verify which tank is which and sensors are correct. In our dealership the detail dept pulls the handles and dumps, all they know is clean water comes out.

notanlines
09-16-2017, 04:51 PM
I see the idea here. On our last walk-thru only clear water came out.....of course the guy doing the procedure has no way of knowing where it came from, only that they work.