PDA

View Full Version : Outback In Command System

Mikesr
09-15-2017, 04:46 AM
Just found out from an Outback rep at the Hershey show that the 2017/18 model year will be the only year with the Jensen In Command system. We have a model with the system and can see why they are scrapping it from Outback. The rep said several customer complaints prompted the change. It all sounded good but is not fully baked and tested.
Anyone have thoughts? Now we are stuck with a system that may not have durability or software upgrades.

JRTJH
09-15-2017, 04:57 AM
About 5 or 6 years ago Cougar had a similar situation with the "smooth glass switch panel". The bottom row of switches would "die" leaving owners with no means to pull in slides, lift stabilizer jacks, etc. After about 2 model years they decided to go back to the conventional switch style control panel. Many of the owners who were having problems had trailers retrofitted to the conventional switch style. Some who had no problems with their "glass panel" had no retrofit done. Some of them, I'm sure, have had problems since then, but so far, we've heard nothing on the forum about whether Keystone is retrofitting the older trailers or not. There may be a "unpublicized" program to retrofit trailers that fail or it may be that there haven't been any "vocal owners"....

If you're concerned, it might be beneficial to simply ask Keystone what they plan to do with trailers that have the discontinued system and whether you'll get factory support after the system is no longer being installed in current model trailers.

tbfoxrdms
09-16-2017, 02:44 AM
We have the 2016 outback and already had the command module replaced once. Fortunately under warranty. It has backups for almost everything except the water heater. How stupid is that? Why not just put a switch somewhere for the water heater? Everyone knows technology fails at some point. Boneheaded. Glad they're doing away with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anne3358
10-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Just found out from an Outback rep at the Hershey show that the 2017/18 model year will be the only year with the Jensen In Command system. We have a model with the system and can see why they are scrapping it from Outback. The rep said several customer complaints prompted the change. It all sounded good but is not fully baked and tested.
Anyone have thoughts? Now we are stuck with a system that may not have durability or software upgrades.

Just picked up our new trailer last week and we're already frustrated with the In-Command system. If there is no support and/or software upgrade in the future, we are in trouble. The cost of having on/off light switches, the slide outs and jack mechanism, water pumps, all needs to be modified. It's going to be costly.

How could keystone have this system installed without a backup? :facepalm:

Brown Lantern
10-09-2017, 11:38 AM
You can manually override everything inside the relay box. Only trouble I've had is when the battery gets low it freaks out and there is no unlock icon. Hook the tow vehicle up and step on the brake. Disconnect tow vehicle and the unlock icon reappears.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

E Rod
10-09-2017, 08:27 PM
I purchased a 2017 Alpine 3660 FL with the In Command n one month later it's already being replaced as slide outs would not extend or retract. Crappy system