PDA

View Full Version : Ads

jkoons
09-14-2017, 05:04 AM
How do I get rid of ads coming up on top of topics?

notanlines
09-14-2017, 05:42 AM
I suspect this site takes a couple shickles a month to keep "on the air," so to speak. I only see a little, tiny ad problem when I use my phone rather than the desktop. Unless you are being inundated with popups, I suspect the bills are just being paid. After all, we have three or four monitors who are paving their way to early retirement on this site.....:eek::angel:

jsmith948
09-14-2017, 06:09 AM
I suspect this site takes a couple shickles a month to keep "on the air," so to speak. I only see a little, tiny ad problem when I use my phone rather than the desktop. Unless you are being inundated with popups, I suspect the bills are just being paid. After all, we have three or four monitors who are paving their way to early retirement on this site.....:eek::angel:

You are just bad.:D

chuckster57
09-14-2017, 06:50 AM
As a moderator, I can tell you I am extremely pleased with the compensation package offered here!!

I'm just happy that I have a "real" retirement to supplement what I get here LOL.

Festus2
09-14-2017, 07:37 AM
. After all, we have three or four monitors who are paving their way to early retirement on this site.....:eek::angel:

Unfortunately, the extra "income" I receive as a Moderator, has bumped me into the next, higher tax bracket. As a result, any financial benefits are essentially reduced to a pittance.

Good thing I am being paid in US dollars which, when converted to $Cdn, result in about 20% more income. :)

BTW, the ads, in whatever size and quantity they appear on your screen, are embedded and here to stay.

hankpage
09-14-2017, 08:06 AM
Am I missing something as usual???? :confused: Maybe management doesn't have my correct address. All I have received over the YEARS is my own 2¢. :cool:
:bow: Please tell me if my pay will be retroactive so I can contact my financial advisor.

Seriously, the only ads I see are for companies that I have dealt with online so it does not bother me at all. I am not sure what you see if not logged in. JM2¢, Hank

B-O-B'03
09-14-2017, 10:22 AM
cough adblock pro (https://adblock-pro.en.softonic.com/) cough :angel:

-Brian

ctbruce
09-14-2017, 12:34 PM
I suspect this site takes a couple shickles a month to keep "on the air," so to speak. I only see a little, tiny ad problem when I use my phone rather than the desktop. Unless you are being inundated with popups, I suspect the bills are just being paid. After all, we have three or four monitors who are paving their way to early retirement on this site.....:eek::angel:That's, Mr Monitors/Moderators, to you! You'll have a few more ads coming your way shortly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

notanlines
09-14-2017, 12:42 PM
I think I should have stayed over on the Vent a hood thread.....