PDA

View Full Version : Panel back light

Ken / Claudia
09-13-2017, 11:16 AM
Just went camping for 3 days. At set up I noted the panel board, back light switch had been left on while parked at home. I have shore power on it at home. The switch may have been on since last May from the other trip. After dark, I could tell the panel back light was no longer working. I removed the panel and found there is not a bulb to replace. Just asking has anyone had this problem and fixed it with a new switch or need to replace the panel face with a new one. For the same amount of light it put out, I am not sure it is worth more then a few bucks to fix.
I did check the fuses, that is not the problem.

Tbos
09-13-2017, 02:42 PM
Never had a backlight on my panel. Wish it did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveC7010
09-13-2017, 03:00 PM
Mine has a quite useless back light that just lights up the word "Cougar." It would be a good thing if the back lighting lit up the wording that is engraved in the panel so that one could actually read them after dark.

(Now someone will tell me that there is a light bulb for that part of the panel so mine must be blown.)

busterbrown
09-13-2017, 05:57 PM
Even though my panel board does not have a back light, I overcame the "after hours" inconvience with placement of a motion sensed, led light (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FIAWKCC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on an adjacent wall. It's an effective low lumen, soft light that uses a few AA batteries, which are still going strong well into their second season.

This is an nice option for those who don't have the back lit feature or don't want to fiddle with a defunct light.

Ken / Claudia
09-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Update, dealer looked it up. Said 175 for a replacement panel face to fix it. No replacement parts for the back light only. I may buy a 12v wall mount light and mount it above the panel. Thinking of a led map or reading type light pointed downward towards the panel. Seems there are several nice looking lights for under 30 bucks that work.