PDA

View Full Version : "Touch" lights

Luv2Kamp
09-12-2017, 03:28 PM
My Laredo 330RL has the touch lights and I noticed today that they come on by themselves. Seems to only happen when I turn the battery cutoff switch to the on position.

Anyone else seeing this or know what the fix may be? My concern is that i could inadvertently leave the switch in the on position while in storage and damage the battery.

Thanks in advance.

ctbruce
09-15-2017, 10:15 AM
Haven't heard about this directly, but member crazycain's trailer has ghosts. Maybe some of his moved to your trailer?

ncgrl1
09-16-2017, 05:42 AM
We have the touch lights with a different problem. When we turn ours on, the radio goes off. I can't figure this one out...

Luv2Kamp
09-17-2017, 04:06 AM
Randy.

We had a similar issue with ours. Is the power turning off or just no volume? Our volume would drop to a whisper whenever we turned on one of the lights.

My dealer had to install some filters on the light circuit. He learned that from talking to a radio shop that also installs LED light strips on cars.

ncgrl1
09-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Randy.

We had a similar issue with ours. Is the power turning off or just no volume? Our volume would drop to a whisper whenever we turned on one of the lights.

My dealer had to install some filters on the light circuit. He learned that from talking to a radio shop that also installs LED light strips on cars.

It goes to very low volume like yours did. I wonder what kind of filters they used? Anyone with ideas please chime in. Thanks so much for the input!!!

SteelersFan
09-19-2017, 03:16 AM
Hi everyone,. I have the same trailer and my touch lights do the same thing. I'm not sure why, but I wanted to let you know it's not an isolated occurrence with your specific trailer. Sorry I don't have an answer for why they do that.

Luv2Kamp
09-19-2017, 06:24 AM
I have put on a call to my dealer to get some specifics on what he did. If i don't hear back from him today i will swing by there tomorrow and find out.

ncgrl1
09-19-2017, 07:56 AM
I have done a lot of internet digging on this issue. It seems as if the cheap led lights give off a lot of radio frequency interference. The higher priced FCC approved led bulbs supposedly do not give off this interference. What is strange to me is that only the "touch lights" are a problem. The ceiling lights are led too, and they are not a problem???

Luv2Kamp
09-19-2017, 09:53 AM
Same here. Only the touch lights cause the problem. I suspect it has something to do with how the light is wired due to them using a different way to ground the lights.

Luv2Kamp
09-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Got the reply back from my dealer.

" it was a basic noise filter for a radio. I installed it in the LED light feed. Tried installing in the radio feed first and it made no difference. Purchased at a car stereo install shop."

I hope to be camping next weekend and will get the information off of the filter. He stated it was a 2 Wire Input/2 Wire Output but he did not have part number.

He installed it on the light above the couch on rear wall.

He also confirmed the issue around the lights coming on whhen the battery was switched back to On. Does not always come on but has happened.

CrazyCain
11-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Haven't heard about this directly, but member crazycain's trailer has ghosts. Maybe some of his moved to your trailer?

Just up there last Tuesday 11/14, and they were a knocking ctbruce..

:hide::eek:

Camp Cookie
03-25-2018, 04:27 PM
I have been looking for help on a crazy issue, at night we had the touch light come on at random on their own, both of us sound asleep. There are 3 lights in the bedroom and one or the other kept coming on. When we finally woke up it was not a problem, just at night, tv off, on radio? Any thoughts? It was raining all night, kinda loud.