PDA

View Full Version : Good news today!!

earlzach
09-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Just got the call my 2018 Passport GTUL 2810BH is at the my dealer and being prepped and detailed. I go for the walk through tomorrow and hopefully paperwork gets done.
My Trade will actually happen Sat in the AM. They also will swap out and set up my equalizer hitch no charge. FREEBEE!!!!!
Now I'm just praying all is good on the rig. Pictures will come soon.:cool:

JimQ
09-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Congrats and best of luck with it! Exciting times ahead!

sourdough
09-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Be sure and take the PDI check list from this site with you and take your time. Make sure they have it hooked to power and water. Turn on/off everything. Have them explain the operation of all the functions. I took a video camera and my wife took notes on ours.

earlzach
09-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Be sure and take the PDI check list from this site with you and take your time. Make sure they have it hooked to power and water. Turn on/off everything. Have them explain the operation of all the functions. I took a video camera and my wife took notes on ours.

Good advice. Where is the "PDI" checklist?

xrated
09-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Welcome and congrats on the camper. I remember the feeling...mine is less than a year old!

sourdough
09-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Good advice. Where is the "PDI" checklist?

Here you go.....

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5129

CWtheMan
09-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Get them to show you the location of the labeling stickers - Certification - Tire - Cargo. Have them verify that all are correct. If dealer options have been installed that weigh over 100# make sure the Cargo label was corrected.

Check the tire inflation pressures and compare your readings with the recommended tire inflation pressure depicted on the certification label and tire placard. If you find a tire or tires with inflation pressures at 80% or less than the recommended inflation pressures demand an internal inspection and replacement if there is the slightest hint of internal damage.

JRTJH
09-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Three questions that seem to be at the very top of every "noobie's" list:

1. Where is my water pump?
2. Where are my dump valves?
3. Where is the water heater bypass valve?

earlzach
09-12-2017, 05:22 PM
I printed out the psi and highlighted the things that applies to my unit. I hope the walk through goes great. I'm ready.

madmaxmutt
09-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Congrats on the new trailer. Don't trust that the dealer will setup that hitch properly. Read the manual on your hitch and ask the guy installing it questions on that too. I think you will find, he is just trying to get you out of the parking lot.

To be fair, it is impossible for them to do a proper camping setup without all of your gear in the trailer and truck.

Tbos
09-13-2017, 03:57 AM
Congrats. Make sure you check the torque on the wheel lugs. Especially if they are the steel wheels. If you don't have a torque wrench that will work, get one. It doesn't have to be expensive. Hope all goes well picking it up.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

earlzach
09-13-2017, 04:01 PM
First walk through went well, four little corrections but nothing major at all.
Due to the P.A. rv show weekend we will do final walk through and papers Monday. But going to be a done deal. What a great looking rig.

chuckster57
09-13-2017, 05:46 PM
That is great news! Hope you get a few trips in before the end of the season.

sourdough
09-13-2017, 06:15 PM
Congratulations!! I know you are excited....AND, there's still some time to get some great camping in. Have fun!