PDA

View Full Version : Docking light

tmdaun
09-10-2017, 11:59 AM
We just bought a 2017 Keystone Cougar and it has LED docking light and we cant figure out how to turn it off
:banghead:

SteveC7010
09-10-2017, 12:11 PM
We just bought a 2017 Keystone Cougar and it has LED docking light and we cant figure out how to turn it off

:banghead:

Try turning it off with the remote. If it gets turned with the remote, the only way to turn it off with the remote.

Javi
09-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Remote...

If you turned it on with the remote it has to be turned off with the remote..

tmdaun
09-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Thank you I did remember that!

Pull Toy
09-10-2017, 04:22 PM
From what I'm reading over whole bunch of threads, if I had remote,... I'd turn everything off... remove the batteries, and forget which drawer I left it in... ��

Too much like work remembering the sequence required! LOL

Good Luck!

IamJerryP
09-10-2017, 05:56 PM
What they all said
Went through this last night with the new Cougar XLite

Willg1718
03-30-2019, 08:48 AM
I had the same problem and thanks to you, the remote solved the problem. I had to figure out how to program the remote on my own but could not find out what light or lghts that button controlled. Now I know!

GMcKenzie
04-02-2019, 09:20 AM
From what I'm reading over whole bunch of threads, if I had remote,... I'd turn everything off... remove the batteries, and forget which drawer I left it in... ��

Too much like work remembering the sequence required! LOL

Good Luck!

I still like mine for putting the slide out, so I can stand outside and watch to be sure I'm not hitting anything. Other than that it doesn't get much use.

B-O-B'03
04-02-2019, 10:13 AM
I still like mine for putting the slide out, so I can stand outside and watch to be sure I'm not hitting anything. Other than that it doesn't get much use.

That is the DW's job ;)

I go camping to get away from complications... glad my trailer just has switches.

-Brian

JRTJH
04-02-2019, 07:03 PM

A quick comparison:

Standing inside while extending the slide, you can't see "what it's going to hit out there"....

Standing outside while extending the slide (with the remote), you can't see "what it's going to hit, in there".... We've got more than "too many" reports of people opening their slide with a cupboard door getting crushed, a chair getting caught and dragging a hole in the vinyl flooring and even dinette chairs getting crushed against the stove, not to mention all the fascia that's been torn off the slide facings....

Moral of that story, no matter whether you're inside watching or outside watching, if it's "your number that's up" well......

GMcKenzie
04-04-2019, 01:28 PM
A quick comparison:

Standing inside while extending the slide, you can't see "what it's going to hit out there"....

Standing outside while extending the slide (with the remote), you can't see "what it's going to hit, in there".... We've got more than "too many" reports of people opening their slide with a cupboard door getting crushed, a chair getting caught and dragging a hole in the vinyl flooring and even dinette chairs getting crushed against the stove, not to mention all the fascia that's been torn off the slide facings....

Moral of that story, no matter whether you're inside watching or outside watching, if it's "your number that's up" well......

Yeah, I've got that t-shirt. Caught the fridge door in the slide. Was spring, I was opening up and didn't see that the fridge door have come off the blue clip that held it slightly open, and it was open against the side of the slide. Got it jammed good as well.

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.