PDA

View Full Version : Cougar xlite

14george
09-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Dealer said Keystone did away with the Cougar xlite for the 2018 is that true

JRTJH
09-10-2017, 09:14 AM
There are 22 Cougar XLite models in the 2018 model line. Eight of them are "NEW" models and 12 are listed as "STOCK ONLY" (meaning they are no longer produced). Interestingly, the 32FBS is listed as "NEW-STOCK ONLY" so who knows if that floorplan didn't work, wasn't popular or just plain made someone in management angry ???

Anyway, from the looks of the Keystone website, the 2018 Cougar XLite is "alive and well".... Who knows what 2019 might bring? The RV industry is an "ever-changing reality". Just a few short years ago there were Montana travel trailers, Cougar travel trailers and at least a half dozen other "brand names" that no longer are being produced.

14george
09-10-2017, 09:25 AM
There are 22 Cougar XLite models in the 2018 model line. Eight of them are "NEW" models and 12 are listed as "STOCK ONLY" (meaning they are no longer produced). Interestingly, the 32FBS is listed as "NEW-STOCK ONLY" so who knows if that floorplan didn't work, wasn't popular or just plain made someone in management angry ???

Anyway, from the looks of the Keystone website, the 2018 Cougar XLite is "alive and well".... Who knows what 2019 might bring? The RV industry is an "ever-changing reality". Just a few short years ago there were Montana travel trailers, Cougar travel trailers and at least a half dozen other "brand names" that no longer are being produced.
Dealer was to order a xlite but instead got the 33 MLS half ton

JRTJH
09-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Dealer was to order a xlite but instead got the 33 MLS half ton

Dealers will tell customers whatever they think will help the sale. You might want to call Keystone Customer Service tomorrow morning and ask them why your dealer can't order you the trailer you want.... If you get some confirmation that the XLite line is being discontinued, please share !!!! But to my knowledge, I've read nothing, heard nothing to indicate that kind of change at Keystone. I'd think it would be "all over the RV headlines" if something that significant was happening....

sourdough
09-10-2017, 10:19 AM
Keystone changes model lines at will - for purposes only they know. I bought my trailer on Feb. 26, 2014 as the latest/greatest/bestest travel trailer they had. Fast forward to Aug. 2014 and they're telling me the model line had been discontinued:facepalm:

IamJerryP
09-10-2017, 06:02 PM
they may be changing the name to "Half Ton"
However, there are 2018 XLites on the market, hitting the lot. Thee 2018 28 RKS is the same as mine, except the bathroom is turned around, and they are touting some sort of "Max Clearance" thing.
I think there is a 29 RKS, and a couple of things like that.
Regardless, the Xlite is a big seller, so I do not see them eliminating their moneymakers

DAN d
09-15-2017, 03:39 AM
hope they get rid of the bed on a deck idea

Ductape
09-15-2017, 03:49 AM
I saw an explanation of this in a dealer's video. They are dropping the X lite name only. Apparently, the X lite name was not used on the west coast, instead calling the same line of trailers Half Ton. Instead of having two names for the same line of trailers, they changed the X lite trailers to Half Ton so they will all be known by the same name no matter what part of the country you are in.

bg71361
09-15-2017, 05:10 AM
Can't say I'm fond of the "Half Ton" moniker.

UsTwo
09-15-2017, 08:44 AM
in looking this model up, it still shows/says x-lite..