PDA

View Full Version : Shallow P-traps

huhhhhh
09-08-2017, 09:17 AM
So I get home from the first trip with the 2012 Fuzion 405 since I've owned it and open it up to unload and am punched in the face with the typical black/grey tank odor. There was still water in the toilet bowls so that wasn't it. After sniffing around found the smell was coming from all the sink drains. Ran water down each one to fill up the P-traps opened all the windows and the smell went away.

I determined the short section of dirt road I had to travel to get out of camp had tossed the rig back and fourth enough to splash out the water in the P-traps. They are a very shallow P-traps so they can make the bend and clear the bottom in the cabinets.

I wanted to put in a deeper P-trap but there is no room to put in a deeper one. For now I think I'll put the rubber stoppers in the sinks and fill them with some water to act as a secondary funk barrier

Is there any other tips or tricks to combat this?

hankpage
09-08-2017, 09:39 AM
The p-trap can be replaced with a waterless valve if you feel it is needed. http://hepvo.com/ is the one most commonly used in RVs.

huhhhhh
09-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Think I'll have to give those a try. Gotta love these forums for learning about new stuff.