PDA

View Full Version : Safe haven from Hurricane

Tinner12002
09-08-2017, 03:14 AM
I heard yesterday that Atlanta Motor Speedway and Talladega Motor Speedway are offering free camping for people trying to get away from the Hurricane. Not sure if its true but it might be worth checking into if your looking!

ken56
09-08-2017, 05:08 AM
Hotels/motels are booked up all the way into East TN and NC along the major interstates. There may be rooms to be had somewhere but so far we have found none for our relatives. Knoxville area is expecting 45 MPH winds with rain Monday afternoon. Irma's reach is far and wide.

rhagfo
09-08-2017, 05:13 AM
Looks like new track is going right over Atlanta as a tropical storm.

first time 5er
09-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Just drove down to Orlando this morning 75 N was a parking lot from Tifton Georgia down to Ocala Florida.

canesfan
09-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Charlotte Motor Speedway has opened one of their campgrounds at least free of charge.

Path2ground
09-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Bristol motor speedway is open as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sourdough
09-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Got a call from my sister a few minutes ago and she said that my brother in laws brother coming up from S FL back to TX is stranded on I10 due to traffic so guess folks are headed out and it doesn't sound good. Those that wanted/needed to leave probably already should have. My daughter lives S of Tallahassee and said they were waiting to see what track Irma takes. They are sitting tight unless it goes into the Gulf. They have reservations in GA to escape it but I told her if they waited long enough they might never make it on the highways.......