PDA

View Full Version : Lanolium flooring adhesion fail?

texhater42
09-07-2017, 04:38 PM
So I have had my 2015 passport in storage for about 9 months now. Went to check on it the other day and I noticed different spots in the floor where it seems the lanolium is separating (no longer adhered) to the floor (not in a "bubble shape, but more of a linear section). I seriously doubt it's water intrusion as it is in several different spots in the floor randomly, it doesn't just continue from an originating point... And there's no other evidence of water on walls or ceiling. I know the craftsmanship is always suspect when it comes to rvs, but I'm wondering if this is a common issue. A couple of quick Google searches yielded very little info. FWIW, I'm in AZ, and it has sat all through winter and a blazing summer. Anyway, that's for any advice.

JRTJH
09-07-2017, 05:08 PM
The vinyl is typically fastened at the edges of the floor. During construction the chassis is placed upright with the wheels on rollers, the flooring is laid on the frame and the vinyl/carpet is stapled along the extreme edges of the flooring, then the walls are installed, cabinets and interior fixtures are installed and the trailer is moved down the line where the roofing is then installed.

So, your vinyl flooring should "lay flat and not bubble" but it isn't glued to the subfloor.

texhater42
09-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Frick...can only think of 1 reason why it would do that then

bsmith0404
09-08-2017, 04:14 AM
With the temp changes RVs go through you will see this from time to time. We see it at the dealership all the time with new units. One day the bubbles will be there, the next day they won't. Don't lose too much sleep over it.