PDA

View Full Version : Sagging water lines in wheel well

Tbryant
09-04-2017, 03:19 PM
We recently returned home from camping and noticed water pouring out from the wheel well. Upon further investigation we realized we left the water pump on (oops) and that the lines had sagged, causing the tires to rub a hole in our water lines. Thankfully the pump was on which made us notice the water since it doesn't leak if the pump is off. Our trailer has an "arctic package" as well which means there's lots of wet and ripped up insulation to contend with also. Has anyone had a similar issue?? I noticed all 3 other tires have some sort of bracing above them to keep stuff tucked away but this tire did not. Wondering if it's a defect? We don't ever take the trailer anywhere that is rough to cause the tire to scrape the bottom of the trailer. Just seems odd...

Tbos
09-04-2017, 03:38 PM
Normally there is some plywood on top of that Darco. Your sagging water lines should not have caused your tire to rub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tbryant
09-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Normally there is some plywood on top of that Darco. Your sagging water lines should not have caused your tire pressure on rub.

Any guess what could have caused this? Plywood would have been a good idea...

Tbos
09-04-2017, 04:14 PM
It is possible a leaking line caused the board to swell. The only time I've ever had a tire rub like that was when I drove up a curb and then dropped off of it. Flooring is usually a sandwich composition of plywood and styrofoam. Can you see plywood through the Darco?

rhagfo
09-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Any guess what could have caused this? Plywood would have been a good idea...

Based o. The picture your tires are too close to the fabric. It looks like maybe 1" to 1.5" clearance. Have your springs flattened out?

Tbryant
09-04-2017, 04:34 PM
It is possible a leaking line caused the board to swell. The only time I've ever had a tire rub like that was when I drove up a curb and then dropped off of it. Flooring is usually a sandwich composition of plywood and styrofoam. Can you see plywood through the Darco?

I put my hand up the rip, past the water pipes and was able to feel solid plywood above the pipes, about 6" up the hole. Plywood felt hard and not water logged

Tbryant
09-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Based o. The picture your tires are too close to the fabric. It looks like maybe 1" to 1.5" clearance. Have your springs flattened out?

I don't believe so. How would I check that? Here's a picture of the other tire on the same side for comparison.

gearhead
09-04-2017, 07:25 PM
Are those OEM size tires?

Tbryant
09-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Yes. Everything is straight from the manufacturer