PDA

View Full Version : 334FWFLS Sofa's

TomD1
09-04-2017, 03:17 PM
I just pulled the trigger on a 2018 334FWFLS, I really like it but I have a question that the dealer can't seem to answer. The living area has opposing sofa's that turn into beds. The issue is when they are folded out the ends hit each other and it is a pretty tight fit, I'm just wondering if that is normal for this type of arrangement. This is the wife's and my first experience in a 5th wheeler, I some camping with a TT. We plan on camping this weekend to check the rig out. Wish us luck!

weaselz
09-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Yep, mine touch when opened.

JRTJH
09-04-2017, 05:41 PM
Mattresses are 75", the sofa framework is at least 5 or 6 inches each, so that's another 10 to 12" so you're looking at 75x2+12= 162" which is 13'6" and that doesn't include any space between the two beds. Few (if any) RV's are much wider than that on the inside with the slides open, so it sounds like you're at "max width" with "no spare space"..... Probably wasn't a big factor during designing the floorplan or possibly it was an adaptation of another floorplan that had theater seating or recliners opposite the sofa bed and somebody said, "Hey let's make it a 6 sleeper"...... Many of those "quick, mid model year changes" don't get a lot of scrutiny before they start pushing 'em out the door......

TomD1
09-04-2017, 06:00 PM
Thanks, it's not a real issue, since the dealer couldn't answer me I thought I would go to the real people in the know. Both will most likely not be used at the same time very often.

chuckster57
09-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Grand designs has a solitude with front living room. Opposing slides with trifold sofas. Makes for a HUGE bed, maybe they are "planning" it to be that way.