PDA

View Full Version : Okay Harvey... Change in direction

Javi
09-02-2017, 10:39 AM
We had two reservations at Goose Island SP (Rockport, TX) between now and the first of the year. We normally spend the week of my birthday in November and the week between Christmas and New Years there. The community around the park usually puts on a really nice spontaneous fireworks display, a tradition we will sorely miss this year. But look forward to resuming our tradition with the new year... #TexasTough, #RockportFultonTough

Our plans change... Now we are looking forward to spending time at a new park, one we drove through last March while on the DW's birthday trip to a Dark Sky park to view the Milky Way as we had enjoyed as kids before all the ambient light from the cities masked it... Copper Breaks SP...

Now we're headed to Caprock Canyons SP, where the buffalo herd will often stroll through your camp and the vistas are spectacular.... Gonna make new memories while remembering good times of days past...

xrated
09-02-2017, 12:33 PM
That looks like a beautiful place. I hope you enjoy your new adventures!

Javi
09-02-2017, 01:10 PM
That looks like a beautiful place. I hope you enjoy your new adventures!

Thanks... we enjoyed the drive through the park, it really does have spectacular vistas...

We have talked about going there several times but shied away from it because of the length of our 5th wheel... They only have 10 sites with 50 amp service and have a 40ft max...

Desperate times... we have canceled trips for September, November and Christmas...

This will most likely be our last trip this year... I know losing out on a few trips is nothing compared to what our friends and other folks along the coast have lost...

For us it is just an inconvenience... for them it is reality.

gearhead
09-02-2017, 04:58 PM
I've looked at Caprock as a stopover on the way to Colorado. Should be a good spot.
#Texas Strong
I got out and about town a little today. National Guard camped out in town with maybe 24 trucks. Trinity River got up to within 4 ft of the top of the levee in my backyard. Yikes. River crested and on a slow fall.

Javi
09-02-2017, 05:02 PM
I've looked at Caprock as a stopover on the way to Colorado. Should be a good spot.
#Texas Strong
I got out and about town a little today. National Guard camped out in town with maybe 24 trucks. Trinity River got up to within 4 ft of the top of the levee in my backyard. Yikes. River crested and on a slow fall.

Glad to hear the river is falling and you guys a okay... I think y'all will enjoy the park...

B-O-B'03
09-05-2017, 01:07 PM
... Copper Breaks SP...

Now we're headed to Caprock Canyons SP, where the buffalo herd will often stroll through your camp and the vistas are spectacular.... Gonna make new memories while remembering good times of days past...

How was Copper Breaks?

We drove over to Caprock and toured around when we were camped at Palo Duro, back in May, Nice area, lots of great vistas, very friendly and knowledgeable rangers.

-Brian

Javi
09-05-2017, 02:51 PM
How was Copper Breaks?

We drove over to Caprock and toured around when we were camped at Palo Duro, back in May, Nice area, lots of great vistas, very friendly and knowledgeable rangers.

-Brian

Copper Breaks is a great park, nice folks and plenty to see and do in the area.. We've stayed there twice now... 4 nights last November and then a week in March.. Will go back for sure...

DAN d
09-13-2017, 03:59 AM
:twocents:good luck keep us informed would like to winter that way some time soon