PDA

View Full Version : Keystone winterize??

Kdumont
08-31-2017, 05:29 PM
I recently purchased a 2008 Keystone Everest 330B, and in the outdoor compartment with the water fill spout and drain valves there are 2 knobs for "winterize", i know one is to bypass the hot water tank, what does the second one do? should i run antifreeze thru before closing these? will water freeze in the valves if i just close them then winterize with RV fluid? any help is much appreciated. really glad i found a forum specifically for Keystone RV's

Terry W.
08-31-2017, 05:47 PM
I would guess the second valve is the winterize fluid suction. Is there a hose connection close to it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ctbruce
09-01-2017, 04:12 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Glad you're here!
A picture of your area in question may be a big help in getting answers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

canesfan
09-01-2017, 05:57 AM
If it's like most "normal" ones, HAHA, there should be a port labeled "Winterize" or something similar and the second valve is to switch so the pump is pulling from that port. So you put a short hose from your antifreeze jug to that port, switch the valve to Winterize, and the pump "should" suck the AF into the system.

Don't forget to put some AF into the City Water port to protect the check valve in there, the black tank flush port if you have one, the outside shower, etc. All many things a lot of us forget. I bought a cheapy kerosene hand pump at Ace for a couple $ to do all the small things.

Terry W.
09-01-2017, 05:01 PM
My Avalanche has an outside hose not a shower. What I do is connect it to the black flush then the water port that way I get all three

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk