PDA

View Full Version : Tpms

TNT Miller
08-28-2017, 07:23 PM
What brand/type do you Knowledgeable Gent's and Ladies recommend .I know I need to get them just not educated enough on them . Any and all advice is welcome. Thank You in advance -Todd

busterbrown
08-28-2017, 09:55 PM
I'm assuming you're referring to an RV TPMS. There are several good brands that will provide a good layer of monitoring for tire pressures and temps. I invested in a EEZTire TPMS 4 sensor kit by EEZ RV. I bought the non-flow through sensors and repeater as the combined length of my rig approaches 50 feet. After owning and using it for over a year, I'm very happy and satisfied. There are several others that are great performers too including the TST 507 and Tireminder systems. I'd be cautious with any sub $100 product as signal loss will render it useless.

Desert185
08-29-2017, 05:57 AM
TST507RV with flow-through sensors (on metal valve stems) from www.vulcantire.com has been working well for me. No relay device needed.

Barbell
08-29-2017, 07:49 AM
We have a TST 507 on a 36ft fiver; needs no repeater. Had it for a year w/ no problems. Just have to remember to pull them off when storing the rig because the batteries will run down. The flow-through style is handy; don't have to pull monitors off to check pressure. There is some variance between the monitor reading and checking pressure with a good gauge.

Tbos
08-29-2017, 08:22 AM
I use Tireminder and have not had any issues.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

ChuckS
08-29-2017, 08:42 AM
Been running TST 507 with six sending units. No repeater on 38 foot fifth wheel.

Replaced batteries and seals last season.. I just leave em installed all the time .. when I replaced batteries and seals after two years of use they were still working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the sodfather
08-30-2017, 04:01 PM
I'll second or third or fourth or whatever is TST 507. They work very well on my 30' TT. After one blow out, I'd never tow my RV without them now.

LarrySharon
08-30-2017, 04:22 PM
I use EEZ Tire. I think that any of the top 3 mention would do you good.

sourdough
08-30-2017, 04:40 PM
TST 507 here and no issues.

CrazyCain
08-30-2017, 05:13 PM
:popcorn:

Tire Minder, no issues. It did on my recent trip to Upper Michigan send a warning about lost signal on passenger side tire, pulled over, manually checked tire pressure, it was good, took off monitor, rescrewed it back on, worked fine the rest of the trip up and back!!

:cool:

Canonman
08-30-2017, 07:06 PM
We recently purchased the TST 507 TPMS for our Cougar. The 507 saved our vacation to Grand Canyon by alerting us to a wheel getting hot. Turns out our brake controller was misadjusted and one wheel had the brake activated. Knowing there was a problem allowed us to pull over, diagnose the problem, make a simple fix and continue on with our trip knowing we could count on the 507 to alert us of any issues.
Here is link to Great RV Products. Owned by an RVer with very fair pricing.
http://shop.greatrvproducts.com/category.sc?categoryId=29

Bolo4u
08-30-2017, 08:18 PM
I purchased a Tire Minder smart system (cell phone based) with four sensors for the 5th wheel. Setup was easy, and having one less gadget to attach to the dash or window was nice made it nice. I hard wired the included rhino booster under the front above the pinbox and wired in a lighted switch, instead of using the silly alligator clips. This way I know when its on or off, and I won't forget to leave it on. The bluetooth repeater sits inside my center console, so you'd never know it was there. Shop around... I found the one I bought, on eBay from a pawn dealer of all places. The box was opened, but everything was still brand new, and never installed/used. I had them send me pics of everything included, just to be sure all the parts were there, before I bought it. Its great.

mfifield01
10-02-2017, 07:45 AM
Has anyone had any issues with the Valve Stem gaskets on the TST 507 system? I purchased mine about a year ago and one sensor is now leaking. I picked up the trailer this weekend and it went from about 65 PSI to 36 in two weeks. The tires and metal stems are about 1 month old. I could hear some air noise by touching the sensor. Vulcan tire said that the Valve Stem gaskets degrade after one year.

slow
10-02-2017, 10:02 AM
I replace the 507 gaskets at the start of each season and apply a small amount of silicone grease. No leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbecky
10-02-2017, 10:27 AM
I use the TST 507 flow-through system, along with the signal booster. I installed the booster at the beginning, just to avoid having to mess with worrying about signal loss. I have had to have a few stems replaced due to leaking seals, but it isn't the fault of the sensors, but just poor seals/stems. Wish they used a better gasket material, maybe made from a silicone compound instead of the cheap rubber.

mfifield01
10-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Did your TST 507 kit come with extra valve stem gaskets? I only have extra O-rings for the batteries.

bobbecky
10-02-2017, 05:07 PM
The only gaskets that came with our kit were the battery compartment o-rings. The valve stem gaskets that I was referring to are the gaskets that seal the valve stems to the wheel holes. I have had no issues with the sensors sealing to the end of the valve stems.

slow
10-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Did your TST 507 kit come with extra valve stem gaskets? .........

Yes mine did 3 years ago, but have since run out. Call TST and they will send some gaskets out to you at a nominal charge to cover postage.

Desert185
10-03-2017, 07:12 AM
The TST507RV, with flow-through sensors, has worked well for me with no leaks and no need for a repeater. I just changed the battery in one of them after two years.

mfifield01
10-03-2017, 07:51 AM
I talked to TST and they are sending out the valve stem gaskets. I should probably replace the gaskets and batteries each year. I had 1 battery die after a year. Some of the other sensors don't connect or take a while to connect. I plan on replacing the batteries in the other 3.

slow
10-03-2017, 09:45 AM
I talked to TST and they are sending out the valve stem gaskets. I should probably replace the gaskets and batteries each year. I had 1 battery die after a year. Some of the other sensors don't connect or take a while to connect. I plan on replacing the batteries in the other 3.

Good idea!

Remember to use the silicone grease on the o-ring for the cap and on the washer to the stem.

mfifield01
11-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Just came back from a 360 mile trip and everything worked great. I was having sensors with infrequent connects. I replaced all the batteries, battery o-rings (w silicon), and valve stem gaskets (w silicon). It will now be a yearly maintenance item.

sourdough
11-03-2017, 09:55 AM
I've used my TST system for 2 years. It has always seemed that it took quite a while - sometimes up to 20 miles before all the sensors were working. I always get everything ready to go, get in the truck to take off then turn on the system. This trip on the first stop I got the truck running and turned on the system then finalized for leaving. Got in the truck and all the sensors were working (maybe 4-5 minutes). The rest of the times I turned on the system first before leaving and it hooked up quickly. I determined that the receiver must have a harder time trying to connect to the stems when they are spinning at 65 mph - so going forward I'm going to just turn it on first.

sconner
11-03-2017, 11:01 AM
TST507 for me as well. 6 sending units on a 33ft Keyston passport.

Four for the trailer, one for the trailer spare, one on the truck spare. All work perfectly. REALLY worth the peace of mind.

Canonman
11-03-2017, 01:01 PM
It's my understanding that our TST 507 sending units need to be on the tire, i.e. under pressure for the battery to be engaged and the units transmitting. I take our sending units off if we're not traveling for a couple of weeks or more to save the batteries; then reinstall as part of the get ready process.
We'll see next spring if this works over the winter.

cardinal96ss
11-05-2017, 06:37 AM
Our TST 507 system works well.

slow
11-05-2017, 10:12 AM
I am very happy with our TST 507 system that we have been using for the last three seasons.

Recently, I had another reason to be happy with my choice. On our last couple of outings this last season, the display would intermittently shut off unless plugged into the 12Vdc socket even with the battery indicator suggesting a full charge. I returned the display to be checked after our season was over, and TST is sending a replacement no questions asked and are even covering shipping back to Canada. TST knows how to treat a customer right.

DMK
11-23-2017, 09:03 AM
I use the EEZ TPMS 10 sensor kit with non flow thru sensors. I do not use the locks either don't really see the need for them. I procrastinated on getting a TPMS for a long time as I am meticulous on checking tire pressure every day before I travel. I finally decided to bite the bullet and I have not been disappointed in getting one. Within the first few days this alerted me when I had a tire failing which allowed me to slow down and get off the road before a tire failure could do any damage to my TH.:D The last time I had a tire blow it did over $1500 worth of damage to the outside of my TH!:banghead: Over the first 6 months this has saved me a few more times. I am so glad I spent the money on this system. I have a RAM dually and a 35' TH and do not need the repeater to get a good quality signal on my rig, any longer and you may need one.

PARAPTOR
11-23-2017, 09:17 AM
Yeap a TPMS is a must have and mine has saved me a few times. I have chosen the Tire Minder system and have used it now going on 6 years. Pick the system that meets your taste. See previous posts on this subject, plan on spending at least a day reading :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

TheGriz
02-18-2018, 11:42 AM
Hello folks,

Appreciate all the input and insight provided on this thread regarding TPMS. Based on what was provided here, I figured I couldn't go wrong with either the TST 507 or the EezTire T515.

It was a toss up until I got a price that I couldn't pass up on the TST 507 RV 4 Sensor Anti-Theft Caps w/ replacement batteries...$219 shipped to my door.

If anyone is interested, I got it from Great RV Products: http://shop.greatrvproducts.com/product.sc?productId=312&categoryId=44

They have the anti-theft sensor system for $239, and the Flow Thru sensor system for $219. I called and asked if they would extend the discounted price from the Flow Thru also to the anti-theft caps, and they did! So for $219 I pulled the trigger.

Will be putting them on the new Maxxis M8008's delivered last week. Getting ready for our trip latter next month...heading south!!!

Regards,
Mike

KSH
05-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Are flow through the way to go, does anyone do the permanent mount type in the wheels?

Tinner12002
05-08-2018, 02:59 AM
I've used the flow through 507 system for several years now with great results.

mcomeaux
05-08-2018, 05:32 AM
Flow Through 507 also here for 2 years no complaints....

mfifield01
05-08-2018, 06:20 AM
Only issue with them has been the o-ring. Just change it out every year as a maintenance item (batteries as well).